Progressive Insurance / awful company

My vehicle was involved in an accident over 5 months ago. I took my vehicle to the collision shop for repairs. The work was not done. A check was sent to the collision shop. I was to sign the back of the check and endorse it to the collision shop. I was not made aware of this by either the collision shop or Progressive. My name was miss spelled on the claim and on the check that was sent. The collision shop forged my name in order to cash it.

The work was not done and I was told to come pick my truck up or they were going to sell it. I went back to Progressive who told me to fill out a fraud form because I did not sign the check. I was told it would take no more then 8 week to get the money back. It has now been 5 months and Progressive is telling me to wait longer. I have called them several time during the waiting period and they only do something on my file when I call. I paid for this insurance company to protect me and my interest and repair my vehicle. I feel like I am fighting two companies. Progressive and the Collision shop trying to get the work that was promised to be done.

At the end of the day. The Collision Shop commits fraud and Progressive does not care about there customers. But let us not up hold our part of the contract. They will cancel our policy.

Ev

Comments

• Ho
      6th of May, 2009

Eva,
    I had the same exact thing happen to me with Progressive Auto Insurance Co. I had hail damage & after using Progressive's recommended body shop there was more damage to my vehicle than there was hail damage. Someone repairing my vehicle must have had a tool belt with had tools scratching my vehicle up worse than I could imagine. We need to team together & start a class action suit. I have pics as proof! Please email me @ sunflower27_1999@yahoo.com
    Holly

• Ad
      20th of Oct, 2010

I am trying to compile a list of Known Progressive Insurance adjusters. If you can email me at adjusterlist@yahoo.com I would appreciate it. This will be for a database of problem adjusters. Please include the name, phone number and possible email address of any contacts you have with progressive. Thank you.

• Sp
      25th of May, 2011

Progressive sucks. Big commercial with lots of overhead but no coverage. What a rip off

• Sp
      25th of May, 2011

And also they are very slow processing claims. I wouldn't stay with them if it was for free !