Proflowers / Frauduloent?

1 United States

Is proflowers fraudulent?
I ordered flowers for Valentine's day and had a guaranteed delivery by friday the 12th. They did not arrive, due to the strom on the East coast I was told, which backed-up everything. OK, fine. They arrived Saturday to my recipient's office. She had to drive 40 minutes one-way to get them. They were dead. OK, fine, due to the other problems they likely sat unwatered too long on a truck or dock in the cold. Called Proflowers, nice woman in customer service; apologized, offered a replacement, I said it was too late, I wanted a refund, she said of course. OK, fine.
I recently got an email from Proflowers saying I could get an ADDITINAL 20% off my next order of anything on their site (including specials). They did not give me a coupon code or number to apply; I had to follow the link in the email to get the discount rather than being able to search their website through the homepage or other emails I had recieved (this tactic by Proflowers is crucial to the issue at hand...read on). OK, fine. My dad's 85th B-day is coming up, thought I'd give Proflowers the benefit of the doubt and send Dad some flowers. So I followed the link in question, saw a good price on a dozen roses + a dozen free. I figured I'd get these and then apply the 20% "We're Sorry" discount. So when I click on the "Buy" botton, it goes to the webpage that gives you options on the order. Generally these offers include a free vase. There was no free vase there though; the one that was usually free was $6. OK, fine? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Why? Bear with me. A couple of days before this "We're Sorry" email I received a reminder email from Proflowers that my Dad's b-day was coming up (they have a program; if you enter the dates of which you want to be reminded, you get an email reminder). This email had a "special" offer for flowers for Dad. I checked it out through the link in the email. I then again checked the pricing in the "We're Sorry" email and compared. Same flowers, same picture of the flowers, same discount. OK, fine? NOPE. The thing is, the Dad's reminder email include a free vase. But it did not have the extra 20% discount that the "We're Sorry" deal had. Here is the math. $29.99 (call it $30) for the flowers, plus 20% "We're Sorry" discount, thus $24. Thank you Proflowers? Oh, that's right, I have to pay $6 for the vase. So we are back to $30. Same flowers for Dad's b-day reminder email, $29.99 (call it $30), plus free vase (same vase), so the price is $30 for each offer; in other words, there really wasn't an extra 20% apology.
So, instead of refund + we'll send more flowers to replace the original ones that were dead (I didn't request this by the way, just a refund...but it would have beeh nice?), Proflowers sends me the "We're Sorry" email that says they are giving me a 20% ADDITIONAL discount that was, in reality, not a reduction in cost over what I could get by simply going to the homepage. So I guess "We're Sorry" really means "Hey, here's an offer no better than what you would norally get but you probably won't figure it out and mabe we can make the extra six bucks off of you because you are stupid." So OK, fine? Or is it fraudulent to suggest to someone that you are giving them an extra discount when indeed you PURPOSEFULLY are not?

Tr