Having problems with ProFlowers?

ProFlowers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 29, 2008. The latest review Flowers was posted on Aug 23, 2021. The latest complaint stupid rules and process when paypal billing address is non-usa was resolved on Sep 18, 2014. ProFlowers has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 204 reviews. ProFlowers has resolved 88 complaints.

ProFlowers Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 580 2913 (ProFlowers)
+1 800 565 6609 (ProFlowers International)
+1 888 549 4014 (ProPlants)
4840 Eastgate Mall
San Diego

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ProFlowers Customer Service. Initial ProFlowers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ProFlowers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ProFlowers. Discuss the issues you have had with ProFlowers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ProFlowers Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Proflowers flower delivery

I ordered the PREMIUM arrangement to be sent to my sister for her 25th anniversary party. She received a SMALL arrangement. I called to complain that I had been charged for the largest arrangement but received the smallest and would like them to change the charges accordingly. Their best offer was to give me $20 off my next purchase. I am very disappointed in this customer service.

• Jj
      jj14905 Nov 29, 2010

When you order flowers from any service other than a LOCAL florist, you pay through the nose. When flowers are ordered from ProFlowers, and other on-line and phone services, you pay large processing fees and delivery charges...and the on-line service then forwards your order to a local florist. If the local florist takes the order, they usually only get paid 60-70% of the price you paid, and they do not get any money from the service fee for delivery. (Basically, any delivery or "service fees" charged by the on-line vendor go straight to their pocket. The florist doesn't get a cut of it. The florist has to deduct this from the already discounted amount that the vendor is giving them.) This decreases the amout of flowers you get for the large amount of money you spent. Don't be fooled by the service's promises of same day delivery for an additional charge. They charge extra, but again, the florist never sees a dime of this money. Many of these services are operated in call centers in foreign countries, so they have no idea about the local area that you are calling about anyway. Solution??? Don't use these on-line order gathering services or the toll-free numbers you see in the phone book. Look up a local florist in the area that you want to send flowers to and CALL THEM. You will get a lot more for your money. If you spend $50 on an arrangement ordered directly from the florist, you will get a $50 arrangement. If you spend $50 on an arrangement from an on-line or phone order gatherer, you will be lucky to get a $25 arrangement.

Marie Lieser Nov 02, 2008

My brother who lives in Gig Harbor Washington sent me flowers for my birhtday, he used Pro Flowers based in Calif. they were Holland Tulips, and glads, he sends them every year. The were delivered mid morning Wed. Oct. 29, by Fed-X, right under my name it states on the shipping label DRIVER; PLEASE KNOCK OR RING BELL. he did neither, I watch my Great Grandson daily and I am always home until him and I go pick up a grandaugther from school at 3:00. I live on acreage, and have a very long driveway, my 3 car garage is unattatched but direct access to the back door, we have a large drive slab and a gate that leads into the back access to the door. Because of the way the home is we never use the front door. thus the sign I have on the front storm glass right across from the door bell. PLEASE MAKE ALL DELIVERIES TO THE BACK DOOR, THANK YOU. Well since I have such a long drive they park the truck in the street and walk up, doing so if they come to the front door and do not ring the bell I willnot know that they were there. HE NEVER RANG THE BELL, HE JUST PUT THE FLOWERS RIGHT AGAINST THE STORM DOOR. the next day my Great Grandson and I were walking around and decided to go into the front yard and snip the dead roses off the bushes, and saw the box, the temperature on Wed the day of delivery was in the high 60's however in Colorado the nights drop very fast and it got into the high 20's that night, It was about 12:30 when I discovered the box so they had been at my door about 26 hours or so. I called the flower company to alert them at the EXTREME SLOPPYNESS OF FEDX and to find out when the went out. Then i called Fed X and got a very nice person who was very sorry it had happened, she assured me that someone higher up would call me, I told her that I would be leaving at 3:00 and would not be back until around 6:00 as I stay at my sons home with my grandaughter until they get home from work, so please make it an evening call. she assured me that she would note that and I would get a call that evening, I got home and there was a SORRY EXCUSE OF A CALL FROM A PERSON WHO ONLY SAID IT WAS Sally with Fed-x and it was 4:30 so she knew I would not be home, she was laughing when she said she was sorry the flowers did not get there on time. SHE DID NOT LEAVE ME A NUMBER TO REACH HER SHE DID NOT OFFER ANY SOLUTION TO THE MATTER AT ALL. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE LOCAL MANAGMENT, OR THE DRIVER WHO APPARENTLY CANNOT READ OR NO HOW TO RIING A BELL. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITN FEX X THEY ALWAYS JUST LEAVE AT THE FRONT DOOR AND NEVER RING THE BELL, WE HAD GRANDSONS REBUILDING JEEPS FOR OVER A COUPLE OF YEARS SPAN AND I CANNOT TELL YOU THE HUNDREDS OF DELIVERIES WE HAD, UPS ARE SAINTS THAT IS FOR SURE, THEY BRING TO THE BACK DOOR THEY ARE PLEASANT AND VERY CAREFUL WITH YOUR STUFF, FED X COULD CARE LESS HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR THINGS AND EVERTIME SOME CAR PLACE USED FED X WE HAD A PROBLEM AND I WOULD NOTIFY THE COMPANY OF THE SLOPPYNESS OF FED X. I LIKE I SAID WAS NEVER PERSONALLY CONTACTED BY ANYONE FROM YOUR SAD EXCUSE OF A COMPANY. I WILL MARVEL IF I HEAR FROM THIS COMPLAINT. MARIE LIESER

Encore Marketingunauthorized credit card charge

I ordered items from several websites on the internet and I'm not sure which site popped up with an add asking you to sign up for special rewards. I clicked on it saying yes and my credit card was instantly charge for 1.95 from Encore Marketing. I called the company and refused the charges. The person who I spoke with said that my card actually had not been charged yet. If it had not been charged yet - what would the charge be next when I was charged for this rewards program. No place did it mention the rewards program had a fee. I cancelled the rewards program immediately and I pray I do not see any other charges from this company. It is sad when you can't shop on the internet without some company trying to make money off of you. So I just wanted you the public to know. So Buyers beware!

Proflowers - Preferred Buyers Passfraud

I purchased flowers for my wife in February 2010 and did not realize that I had been the victim of a scam that automatically deducted $14.95 from my account each month. I caught this fraud in October and called ProFlowers and Preferred Buyers Pass to get information. They have agreed to refund over $136 dollars that has been basically stolen from me but I have yet to see it post back to my account.
      I suggest everyone notify the Internet Fraud division of the FBI and the Washington BBB and file formal complaints.

Proflowers overcharge scam

Proflowers order ended up costing me over 50% more than advertised. They lure customers with "discounts" and "promotions", but what they don't say is that at the end they will recoup their money with all kinds of charges that DO NOT SHOW until the last page, where the total amount you will be charged for you order could skyrocket (mine was over 50%!).

Many of their options and extras do not have a tag price when they are being offered, leading you to assume they are part of the deal, but in the end you will pay for everything.

Proflowers.com & Ic - Freeshiping.comunauthorised sharing cc information

ProFlowers.com & IC-Free Shipping.com

When ordering flowers from ProFlowers.com you will be enticed to click on a free shipping coupon. Accepting this coupon enrolls you in a membership to IC-freeshipping.com.

IC-freeshipping.com obtains account information from ProFlowers, and without notification, charges your credit card account a monthly membership.

It is a small debit transaction can go unnoticed. I didn’t see mine for 5 months. The transaction on my credit card statement had a phone number for IC-freeshipping.com. I called them, proflowers and my credit card company; my credit card company is removing the charges and blocking ic-freeshiping from my account. Proflowers and ic-freeshipping denied sharing my account information; they stated that I had to enter it. I did not! I asked them to review their websites and change this deceptive phishing scheme!

I will never use proflowers again and have advised everyone I know to do the same.

• Je
              Jessica531 Oct 14, 2010

I would like to apologize for any confusion our program may have caused, and would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at [protected], and one of our supervisors will assist you.

Emma
              Customer Care
              Insiders Club

Proflowersrip off /scam

I too am a victim! I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com in May for mothers day.
            I just now discovered I was charged 5 (times) by that company for $ 14.95 because the way they declare the charges on ones debit card makes it harded to detect:
            RECUR DB CRD EASY SAVER 09/28 $14.95
            PURCHASE EASY SAVER 07/06 $14.95
            PURCHASE EASY SAVER 08/03 $14.95
            RECUR DB CRD EASY SAVER 08/31 $14.95

Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I called my Bank and they gave me a number to call which I did [protected]. I talked to a service rep. named 'Cody' and he was willing to give me only a fraction of my money until I threatened to get the FBI and Media involved for possible FRAUD schemes they are doing. He put me on hold and finally confirmed they would immediately stop the charges and also refund me 5 times $ 14.95

It took me unfortunately 5 months to discover this and according to many websites out there this is happening to a LOT of people. Sincerely
            Mandy

Proflowers.comic-free shipping.com

BEWARE of the membership to FreeShipping.com

When ordering flowers from pro flowers you will be notified of a free shipping coupon. Accepting this coupon, actually is enrolling you in a membership
              to IC-Freeshipping.com.
              (READ ALL THE LEGAL BULLCRAP)

they will obtain all account information from ProFlowers, and charge your account a reoccuring anual membership without notification.
              THIS IS CRIMINAL.

the information will com throught you bank with a phone number, and they
              are very willing to cancel your membership and refund your money.
              however, I question how many people really check their accouts as closely as me.
              I saw a charge from a place which did not ring a bell, so I investigated.

I think this techinique is dishonest and sneaky, and Pro Flowers needs to be held responsible.

there are plenty of other respectable on-line flower places which run a more honest business that ProFlowers...

THIS is A SCAM...they are not charging alot, so the small debit transaction can go unnoticed, however it is Criminal. They are taking money out of peoples acoount and I can bet most of them don't even know it.

whats even scarier is how pro flowers can give away your account information.

-d

• Wi
                  williep5462 Apr 22, 2011

I too got enticed to sign up and now i'm trying to stop them from taking money out of my bank account Bill

• Zi
                  zigaust Jan 30, 2011

thanks to all who posted their comments re proflowers & icfreeshipping. do these companies not realize how theyll lose customers this way & that their companies are reported black listed from the market. im writing bec the same happend to me & i just wrote the company, my credit card company & the security system company that we're a member of. -- zigaust

• Jl
                  jlynn0879 Dec 29, 2010

it happened to me too...they said i had to have filled out a 2 page enrollement form...what bull. i can only go back on dispute 6 months and its bull. they should refund all my money.

• Ll

Jessica
                  Customer Care

• In
                  inker Nov 02, 2009

this company debited my checking account 9.97 monthly for 7 months without my concent

Proflowers / Easy Saver Rewardsscam charges

Never order from ProFlowers! When you place your order, they sneakily sign you up to something called Easy Saver Rewards, which looks like you're clicking a discount option on the site. You are automatically enrolled in the program and charged a small fee, then if you don't cancel the membership, you are charged $14.95 a month, deducted from the same payment method you used to pay for you ProFlowers order. This was masquerading on my American Express bill as a charge from Encore Marketing, and I didn't notice it. Stupid of me, yes. BUT IMMORAL AND SNEAKY of ProFlowers to con loyal customers! How do you know it's a scam? Simple. There is no enrollment form as is typical with online memberships. You don't receive the usual welcome email with you customer information and login code. And you'll never receive a follow-up email with Easy Rewards news, promotions or anything -- ever -- to indicate you've joined. This is designed so you won't know you've been enrolled, and then you won't maybe notice the monthly charges. They refunded all of my money -- or at least they say it will be credited on my next Amex bill. They did this without hesitation, also showing they know they're doing something wrong. They have a good thing going and want to continue rolling in the dough without having angry customers complaining to the powers that be. But a Google search shows how many people have been caught in this scam. If you've been scammed, you can call the Easy Rewards customer service number at [protected] and stay on the line after the announcements to demand reimbursement. The first representative I got only wanted to refund 6 payments, but a second rep refunded the full 14 months. They try to talk you out of it, but be persistent. Then complain to ProFlowers. A rep named Bobbi said they really honestly don't know this is a problem. Call them and write an email. Then keep complaining...

Caroline Aug 20, 2010

We do make frequent changes to the registration page and enrollment for our partner programs. We are constantly evaluating the program and make changes based on customer feedback. I would be more than happy to discuss your experiance with you so that we can hear your feedback and be able to incorporate it. Please contact me so we can discuss your concerns.

• Al
                    AlfieBB Aug 19, 2010

The trouble is, ProFlowers has known about this issue for 2 years and has done nothing to correct the confusion on the website. Why? Because they are deliberately making it easy to be tricked into enrolling in Easy Saver Rewards, and counting on the subscriber not noticing the deduction of the fee each month on their credit card or bank statement. If it were legitimate, there would be a legitimate enrollment form that pops up when you enroll, then there would be a welcome email to Easy Saver Rewards, plus occasional communication with the client to promote the service. There is none of this, which proves that Caroline is simply not being honest about ProFlowers' intentions. If you mean what you say FIX YOUR SITE. Best to avoid any company that does business this way. There are plenty of other online flower sellers.

Caroline Aug 18, 2010

Hello,
                    My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion you experienced regarding our partner program. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns, assist you with anything I can and receive any additional feedback to improve our service. Please contact me directly to discuss, my phone number is [protected]. I would like to assist you in any way that I can.

Proflowers / Cmg*freeshipping.comunauthorized credit card billing

I placed a flower order with PROFLOWERS back in Feb. 2010 and with this order and probably all first time orders they offer a free shipping offer of which my stupid ace took the bait.
                  Well as they just told me on the phone I was given a 2 page information document to fill out - which there was no 2 page form that I filled out - that stated I had 30 days to cancel or a $11.97 monthly bill would be automatically charged to my credit card from CMGfreeshippingdotcom.
                  I just now caught this fee on my statement (my bad) for not tracking better I know which I'm sure is the type of people they prey to do this, but if you order PROFLOWERS watch for the free shipping SCAM because FREE is far from the truth if you don't catch the fu*&^% before they start billing you.
                  FYI - This CMGfreeshipping company is a website for those who shop online all the time, I gather it might be worth your while if that is what your into.

Proflowers — pathetic flowers and even worse cs

I made the mistake of placing an order for a special occasion on you proflowers.com The flowers arrived half...

Proflowers / Internet Flowersover priced/ partner fraud

I don't remember everything the way I did when I was younger, or I would have remembered using 1-800-Flowers before, not realizing the extra charges and high bottom line. I thought their prices would be in line with FDS, but they weren't. What started out to be something like a $60 purchase of a bouquet in a vase ended up costing over $100; matter of fact I just checked and don't remember why the two charges, but I was charged $57.33 on Feb. 11 and $102.76 on Feb. 16th. They were purchased for my girlfriend and I know that I ordered the flowers prior to Feb. 11, because they were to be delivered on Feb. 12. They actually were delivered on time, but I expected them to have a local florist deliver them. Nope, that's not what happened; they were shipped from Florida with vase and flowers in different packages, with instructions on how cut off the ends of the flowers and make her own bouquet. That was embarrassing. They actually sent the recipient a flower kit!?

They promised free shipping, but it worked like a rebate and I have not had good luck with rebates. They made it a complicated procedure and you had to get all your proof of the purchase and mail it to Connecticut, I seem to remember. Okay that's not going to happen because too many businesses like to ignore those things and not return to you what you expect.

Somewhere in the purchase process I signed up for Easy Saver and I knew it at the time, unlike so many who are complaining here. However I seem to recall that I thought it was necessary to get the free shipping. When I actually got into it, I realized that it had nothing to do with the free shipping, but they gave me 30 days to cancel without it costing me. I'll never know if they would have honored my request to decline, because I waited too long and they already had the first month's payment before I found time to call and cancel it. I really didn't have time to visit the web site after my first initial scan of it and I decided that I couldn't use anything they offered the day I signed up.

When I did call to cancel it, I explained that I had just goofed in waiting too long, but I would take responsibility for that first month's payment. However, I wanted to cancel and stop any further debits from my account. The lady was very personable and cooperative and assured me that they would not only comply, but informed me that I could still visit the website and use it for the remainder of the month. I never found the time to do that and didn't discover until after last month's debit (May's) that they were still debiting my account. I then went to the website and discovered that there is a page that they say you can use to cancel your subscription. I wrote them that it should already have been closed and that I needed a positive response to this later request to close my account. Unfortunately, that page left me no copy of what I had said to them, but I'm not sure printing out a screen print would have gotten the job done, either. I threatened to visit my bank to keep them from debiting me any more, but I have an extremely hard time getting to the bank during business hours, because I work shifts from 5 pm to 6 am. I get home close to 7:00 am and I have to get up at 1:30 pm to get my normal chores done and get to work by five. Consequently, I just spotted still another debit in pending status, which means they ignored that request as well as my first request.

It doesn't look like I'll get much sleep today, as I need to stay up until the bank opens at 9:00.

I admonish ProFlowers for costing so much for so little service, and also for associating themselves with crooks like Easy Saver.

As for Easy Saver, they have REALLY gotten under my skin now. As a man of 66, drawing Social Security, and working a minimum wage job to make ends meet, I really don't need this.

Maybe I have proof of something, somewhere, but I would need to search through a very tall stack of papers to find it. It never occurred to me that a company like this would be so fraudulent.

Pro Flowers.comnot as advertised/incomplete delivery

If you are planning to order from this place, there are some things you should know. You will not be receiving anything resembling the picture you see on the website. What you will receive is a bundle of tightly wrapped flowers with instructions on how to assemble your own arrangement. I ordered a "100 Rose Bud" or 30 stem arrangement. The instructions informed me that I should trim 2 inches off of each stem and peel off the "protective petals" from EACH bud. So, the message I sent my wife was "Happy Mothers Day, now get to work!". What was I paying for?

You pay for a "delivery" charge, which I believed to be from a florist. It was "delivered" in a box by UPS after riding all day in a hot truck. Then, after unwrapping and assembling this thing, I had actually received 65 buds and 16 stems that were nearly all dead within 5 days.

I will say that they replaced the order and got it right, but, it kinda lessens the surprise when the order is so screwed up to begin with.

Encore Marketingfraudulent practices

I had ordered a jacket from Appleseeds on line and after the transaction was completed a web page followed (pop-up I suppose) telling me that I was entitled to free shipping on my order. My shipping cost was only $5 so I decided not to pursue that. I was also offered a $15 coupon on my next order which I did pursue until I realized I would be signing up for some membership thing I didn't want. So I closed the website without signing up for anything. I didn't notice that my credit card was being charged $14.95 a monthright away, but when I did I hit the roof. Nowhere on the charge was the name Encore Marketing - I found out the name when I called to complain. I complained so vigorously that they offered to refund 12 months of charges to my credit card. That may have been a promise just to get me off the phone.

Then I called Appleseeds to complain about their affiliation with Encore Marketing and got a big runaround from them too. Like it was all my fault that I apparently didn't read every bit of the small print or uncheck some box or other and that I thought I was still dealing with Appleseeds. Appleseeds is complicit in this fraud as is Drapers and Damons. I got hoodwinked by Encore Marketing through Drapers and Damons a couple years ago.

I will pursue this.

saviour_emi Nov 06, 2010

Guys if u want ur refunds back just called the emi guys, some indian will pickup and ask him for full refunds he'll provide two first then transfer the call to some consumer guy who is also a indian, and dont give up ask for more refunds, he might offer you till a year and if u ask for more he would transfer the call to another supervisor who can give you your full refunds... during the call dont forget to threaten them with attorney, BBB, and mention that u'll take legal action on them cause thats the magic word. belive me it works 100% !!..

• Kr
                            krispix318 May 08, 2010

You act like it's a big deal to "read every bit of the small print" - do you do this when you sign a contract? Any time you put your credit card information on the internet, if a pop up with the associated website appears, you have to read everything. Or you could just close it. I wouldn't count on that 12 month refund if you were only charged for 1. While they may be dishonest, it's by no means fraudulent or in any way illegal if their terms are on there - regardless of how small the print is. Good luck with your pursuit.

Shari's Berries / Proflowersbait and switch

KEEP YOUR MONEY!! DO IT YOUR SELF!
                          I was online and an add came up for Sharri's Berries, close to Mother's Day, so I thought, what a cute gift, Chocolate covered & decorated Strawberries that would be a unique and sweet gift. I proceeded to make a purchase, for 6 berries... $19.99 .. a little steep, but hey it was a gift so, whatever. Then I am asked if I want to pay an additional $7.99 for quicker delivery. Ok, Sure a few days before Mother's Day, it would be nice for my gift to be received by then, so I selected it. Then I get to the end, and I am told there is a $12.99 standard shipping fee, in addition to the $7.99 I selected that was never told to me. So on top of the $19.95 + 12.99+7.99= $40.97 for 6 berries. Ok now that is a little much, but then I see a link saying once i secure my payment, I will receive a $15.00 shipping rebate, so that would mean it was only $25.97 for this order. Now that is more reasonable. So I hit the confirm button, which auto charged my credit card and proceeded to the window to receive my $15.00 shipping rebate. Oh but you have to pay $2.00 for a service that could auto charge your account some $30.00 in the future if not canceled and oh yeah the $15.00 if off your NEXT purchase! What a deceitful rip off! So I emailed right back after I ordered and requested them to cancel my order. I was told they could not cancel it. I could not receive a refund, but they are sorry for the inconvenience. And THEN had the audacity to tell me, their shipping fees were listed when I ordered!!! I was like yes they were but they were WRONG!

MY RECOMMENDATION, much better to do it yourself. You can melt down Ghirdali chocolate yourself and get your own strawberries for that. Gees. What HORRIBLE customer service and shady business.

Very Disappointed and Feeling Ripped Off... Happy Mother's Day,
                          April

• Fs
                              FSanchez May 01, 2011

You're right. I does work that way. The first time I spent a lot more than I expected, so I read the small print and realized they were right. The standard shipping fee is about $9.99, BUT if you want it to arrive earlier or on a certain high traffic date, it'll cost you extra (in addition to the $9.99). I ordered again (this Mother's Day) and took advantage of a 20% discount they offered me (and I had it delivered on a date that cost a standard delivery charge). So in the end, it cost me around $35.00 (total) for 12 chocolate covered strawberries delivered to mom. That comes out to be around $2.92 each. Godiva chocolate covered strawberries at the mall cost aroung $7.00 each, so I think it was well worth it. When I called, the agent gave me great customer service. FS

Proflowers — misleading price

I just ordered flowers and chose the deal of the day for 19.99. The flowers are for mother's day but I...

Proflowers — shipping rebate scam

Beware of Proflowers' offer that your current order qualifies you for a $15.00 mail-in rebate. The...

Proflowers.com And Easy Saver Rewardsunethical practices and unapproved charges

I am another victim of poor business practices and scamming. My purchase through ProFlowers.com, a supposed ethical flower delivery company, led me to be unknowingly and unwillingly enrolled in the Easy Saver Rewards program. This program charges you $1.95 for "becoming a member" and then $14.95 every month. Do not use ProFlowers.com. Businesses like these should be shut down for unethical business practices, selling credit card information, and taking advantage of their customers. If you see charges from Easy Saver Rewards on you account, call the number listed next to the charge and cancel your "membership" immediately. Do not let them hang up until they guarantee you that all of the charges will be reversed and your money refunded. Then send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, "[protected]@mybbb.org". We need to get enough complaints to them that they take some form of action. Reliable internet companies should never let their customers be taken advantage of. Help to put a ban ProFlowers.com and shut down Easy Saver Rewards.

Caroline Apr 22, 2010

Proflowers frauduloent?

Is proflowers fraudulent?
                              I ordered flowers for Valentine's day and had a guaranteed delivery by friday the 12th. They did not arrive, due to the strom on the East coast I was told, which backed-up everything. OK, fine. They arrived Saturday to my recipient's office. She had to drive 40 minutes one-way to get them. They were dead. OK, fine, due to the other problems they likely sat unwatered too long on a truck or dock in the cold. Called Proflowers, nice woman in customer service; apologized, offered a replacement, I said it was too late, I wanted a refund, she said of course. OK, fine.
                              I recently got an email from Proflowers saying I could get an ADDITINAL 20% off my next order of anything on their site (including specials). They did not give me a coupon code or number to apply; I had to follow the link in the email to get the discount rather than being able to search their website through the homepage or other emails I had recieved (this tactic by Proflowers is crucial to the issue at hand...read on). OK, fine. My dad's 85th B-day is coming up, thought I'd give Proflowers the benefit of the doubt and send Dad some flowers. So I followed the link in question, saw a good price on a dozen roses + a dozen free. I figured I'd get these and then apply the 20% "We're Sorry" discount. So when I click on the "Buy" botton, it goes to the webpage that gives you options on the order. Generally these offers include a free vase. There was no free vase there though; the one that was usually free was $6. OK, fine? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Why? Bear with me. A couple of days before this "We're Sorry" email I received a reminder email from Proflowers that my Dad's b-day was coming up (they have a program; if you enter the dates of which you want to be reminded, you get an email reminder). This email had a "special" offer for flowers for Dad. I checked it out through the link in the email. I then again checked the pricing in the "We're Sorry" email and compared. Same flowers, same picture of the flowers, same discount. OK, fine? NOPE. The thing is, the Dad's reminder email include a free vase. But it did not have the extra 20% discount that the "We're Sorry" deal had. Here is the math. $29.99 (call it $30) for the flowers, plus 20% "We're Sorry" discount, thus $24. Thank you Proflowers? Oh, that's right, I have to pay $6 for the vase. So we are back to $30. Same flowers for Dad's b-day reminder email, $29.99 (call it $30), plus free vase (same vase), so the price is $30 for each offer; in other words, there really wasn't an extra 20% apology.
                              So, instead of refund + we'll send more flowers to replace the original ones that were dead (I didn't request this by the way, just a refund...but it would have beeh nice?), Proflowers sends me the "We're Sorry" email that says they are giving me a 20% ADDITIONAL discount that was, in reality, not a reduction in cost over what I could get by simply going to the homepage. So I guess "We're Sorry" really means "Hey, here's an offer no better than what you would norally get but you probably won't figure it out and mabe we can make the extra six bucks off of you because you are stupid." So OK, fine? Or is it fraudulent to suggest to someone that you are giving them an extra discount when indeed you PURPOSEFULLY are not?

Proflowersscam and unprofessional

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. The flowers I oedered has a delivery charge of 19.99 which was free after the rebate. However, when the bill was charged I found an additional 19.99 for a weekend delivery. The rebate is for FreeShipping, com
                                where you have to sign up and pay a fee. How is that free?
                                To add insult to injury, when the flowers came they had insertrd a card for another person. This basically ruined my Valentine's Day surprise. I wonder if the CEO Bill Strauss uses his own company. My guess is he uses FTD so he gets it done right.
                                I have contacted the company regarding the card error and the extra fees. Do I have to tell you how I made out?

Proflowers ezsavers

I had charges against my credit card from EZSavers for several months for 14.95. I traced this to flowers bought from PROFLOWERS. The owner is Bill Strauss, someone I trusted because I used to work with him at a previous company. I have stopped purchasing from PROFLOWERS because the flowers they delivered last year was nothing like the picture on the website. But the EZSAvers kept deducting 14.95 from my bank account.

• Ve
                                      venessa29 May 05, 2013

I ordered flowers today original price was 59, my card gets billed 85. Ask for a refund sure takes 3 to 5 business days?! So it takes two seconds for you to build my credit card but three to five days to give it back? Ridiculous! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and possibly the Attorney General

Man On The Moon Dec 25, 2012

Hi Caroline,

We just experienced the same problem. How does someone sign up for a partnership program without knowing it. We have a $9.99 monthly charge for the last year. Funny thing is my wife noticed the charges, but thought it was something I was paying to send her flowers. After she didn't get any flowers from me for a few months (I know, something I need to work on), she brought it to my attention. Whoever set this up in your company is genius and a scam artist. I'm sorry you work for this person. I would hop on with a different employer ASAP. Unless you are a relative, then I would get as much ow as you can before entering the slammer. Good luck Caroline.

Caroline Mar 01, 2010