Priceline.compriceline

The priceline customer service was terrible. I called twice and still my issue was not resolved. There was a typo of the reservation of my last name by a letter and they were trying to charge me $70 to resolve it!! That is robbery. They also dismissed responsibility saying It was Virgin airlines decision. When I phoned Virgin customer service they said they could waive the Fee, but priceline would have to request it, which they were unwilling to do. If I can avoid booking with priceline in the future, I will.

• Updated by Unreal waste of time, Dec 12, 2017

So rude and insensitive

• Updated by Unreal waste of time, Dec 12, 2017

I will take it as an 'expensive lesson' to never use Priceline again! Thanks for nothing. That is criminal and horrible customer service

Un
Dec 12, 2017

Comments

•   Dec 12, 2017

They are right, and you are wrong. First, the mistake was YOURS. YOU did the reservation online and YOU made the typo. And yes, the airline DOES change the ticket, and YES, the airline charges to do so. Now, the AIRLINE saying they would waive the charge means they will waive it for YOU, not priceline. PRICELINE will be charged for YOUR mistake. And no, they are NOT going to do that.

THIS is why you get the ARE YOU SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT page BEFORE you click SUBMIT. Be an adult, pay for YOUR mistake, and take it as an expensive lesson.

•   Dec 12, 2017

It is not criminal at all. It is exactly the way it would have happened if you had bought the tickets directly from the airline. You seem to not have any experience with airline purchases.

• Un
      Dec 12, 2017

@Wine Is Good Thanks for your lack of professionalism and your judgments. I am a doctor in Australia and fly internationally to the US three to four times a year and a gold member with Delta airlines. I have never seen such appalling, curt and insensitive correspondence from a customer service dept in all of my years travelling. I will surely be booking directly with the airlines in the future and avoid dealings with Priceline at all costs.

Not worth losing customers and reputation for autocorrect of one letter.

•   Dec 12, 2017

@Unreal waste of time I don't believe you are a doctor or have flown before. Like I said, if you had booked directly with the airline, you would have paid not only the name change fee, but any change in airfare, and $150 change fee. See, I have actually flown many, many times. I also can read and understand airline FAQ's on every airline. Perhaps you should try to read them yourself so you can better understand why you are the problem and the booking agent isn't. Oh, and I am glad you are in Australia, as I could not fathom someone like you having any control over someone's health in this country.

• Po
      Dec 12, 2017

@Unreal waste of time The users here do not work for Priceline or Virgin Airlines.

•   Dec 13, 2017

You can call me an [censor] all you want. Doing so in my messages and not here where everyone can see it however just proves how childish and irresponsible you are. Congratulations.