Priceline / cancelled hotel reservations

1 United States

I booked four nights at the Rodeway Inn in Virginia Beach through Priceline for $354. I also booked my flight out there though Priceline on United. Due to weather delays in Kansas City and Chicago, I missed my connecting flight to Norfolk. I was originally scheduled to get into Norfolk at 7:44 pm, but didn't touch down till 12:52 am on a later flight, which had been scheduled to get in at 10:57 pm. It too, was delayed due to weather and grid lock in Chicago.

I had a ride waiting at the airport and went straight to the hotel. When I got to the hotel, there was a sign on the door saying that anyone not checked in after 10 pm would have there reservation canceled. Being that no one was there, the office was dark, and my cell phone wouldn't work in Virginia Beach, I went around the block and got a room at the Days Inn. First thing the next morning, I went back to the office at the Rodeway Inn and they said they had canceled my entire reservations when I didn't show up and to call Priceline, because they didn't have access to my credit card info for a refund. They were very nice about it and not until I called Priceline did I know there was a problem.

I talked to two different ladies at Priceline. Each of them, not caring in the least about my troubles or my $354. They said it was standard "Industry Policy" to cancel reservations and Priceline would not be giving me a refund. They told me that I should of called the hotel when I was going to be late. I responded, who would of thought that a hotel on the Virginia Beach strip would close at 10 pm in May? No where, did it say anything in the reservations about having to be checked in by 10 pm or the entire reservation would be canceled. It never even crossed my mind to call the hotel. I figured thats why I had a paid reservation. I asked to talk to someone above them, and they told me to email my complaint through the website, which I did. It has been over a week now with no reply.

I don't recommend Priceline. They definitely care more about their bottom line then right and wrong.

Ni