Priceline / scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

I was on Priceline.com to purchase tickets from PDX to BUR. I requested peak hours for travel and 1 connection. What I received was not anywhere near what I ordered. I received confirmation that I had tickets from PDX to SFO and from SFO to BUR leaving PDX at 5:50 pm and arriving at BUR at 9:47 pm. With a layover in SFO of approx. 1 1/2 hours. Return times were also supposed to be 1 connection from BUR to PDX leaving BUR at 6:55pm and arriving in SFO at 8:02 pm, leaving SFO and arriving in PDX at10:57 pm. Not hardly peak travel times or 1 connection flights. I immediately called Priceline and was told that what I got is what I am stuck with and I would have to pay for the tickets whether I used them or not. I called my credit card company and was told that I could dispute the charge but it might take up to 90 days to settle. In the meantime if I don't use the tickets and get a flight that is compatible with my needs I will be stuck for the price they have charged me. The credit card company also informed me that if the website says no refunds or changes that I will probably lose the dispute and lose the money. So begrudgingly I will use the tickets and recommend everyone that I send e-mail to or talk to not to ever use priceline.com.

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008
I mistakenly entered a transaction on the Priceline.com web site, I noticed my mistake called immediately to demand cancellation. I was told that there are no cancellations even though my transaction for flight request was still not fulfilled. I stayed online with a customer service supervisor for 25 minutes and during that time a flight I didn't want was automatically chosen and charged to my AMEX. I called AMEX who sympathized, but said they couldn't do anything until the next billing cycle (20 days from now). My flight is in 31 days... what can I do to fight for my rights. I've even asked if I can pay a cancellation fee, but was rejected.
  31st of Oct, 2008
I requested airline tickets from Priceline.com. I wanted round-trip tickets from Minneapolis to Las Vegas for three adults. I requested NO connecting flights. Priceline found tickets for me at my price, but they had a stop-over in Phoenix! I called them within minutes of receiving my E-mail from them, and I was cut off while waiting for a "manager". I called them again, and talked to "Justin", who claimed he was the highest manager of the company. He would not listen to my complaint - he just quoted the fact that ALL Priceline.com's flights may have a connecting flight. He stated that it was on their web page. I do not doubt that it may have been, but it was not obvious. Justin would not listen to my argument, and then he hung up on me! I am working with my VISA company to see what I can do to cancel this charge. They have had other complaints against Priceline.
Wt
  19th of Feb, 2009
I agree completely. Priceline is a scam!!!. Tell all of your friends not to use this service or they will lose their money. We can all hope that they will go out of business soon because they are stealing money from their patrons. Please do your research first and look at all of the complaints. They all can't just be jaded people? They are real complaints from people who have lost their hard earned money from these people by simply trying to plan a nice getaway or a business trip. AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM PRICLINE> DO NOT USE THEM!!! Dan From San Diego
Ia
  18th of Jun, 2010
Did not receive the times I requested. The way the flights were set up allowed me to be with my dying grandfather for 24 hrs. instead of the 36 hrs. I needed. Ended up with a departure flight very late at night instead of the morning, and on my return received a very early flight instead of late evening. Got the same runaround from priceline, bank, and credit card co. I suppose there are those who get good deals from priceline, but I'm certainly not one of them and this is not the first time; however, it will certainly be the last. I learned my lesson this time.

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com