Priceline / online fraud

I purchased a tkt with the travel cancellation insurance to go see my grandmother who was ill in Europe. I had to anticipate the departure date as her condition was getting worse but priceline's difference in price for the new date was like purchasing a new ticket. So I bought a new ticket through another agent thinking I would get reimbursed for the first since I had travel insurance. My grandmother passed, and even though "death" was a valid enough reason for cancellation and they had the death certificate and everything, Priceline refused to reimburse because my grandmother was not an American citizen They told me I would have credit to use on a future flight by October 24th, but when the time came to rebook (October 13th) they told me my credit had expired in June. So, you're looking for a reliable agent, use somebody else unless you want to throw $850 away.

Va

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2008

I was absolutely screwed by Priceline. I was only checking to see what hotels were available in a certain area & the next thing I know I was given a reservation in an absolute dump of hotel. I did not pick it & never authorized them to do so. NEVER use Priceline.