Pottery Barn / Didn't do what they promised

1 United States

We were renovating a room by redoing everything including paint, flooring, lighting, furniture, bedding and curtain. We planned to get a complete bedroom set which would cost more than $5, 000. We went to every pottery barn store in our area but couldn't find any display of the line we wanted. We had flooring and fabric samples and paint chips in hand and we were willing to settle for a swatch to complete the design. We went to their website to order the wood swatch (which costs $25) but they didn't have the antique white which was used for that line of furniture. We contacted the customer service. They promised to send the swatch so we waited. It never came. We contacted them again and the same pattern repeated, empty promises, never delivered. Finally our contractor couldn't waited any longer so he took on other projects and left and we were still waiting for the swatch. When I finally realized that it would never arrive I questioned them, I got an "apology" and a promise for "future improvement". They didn't offer to make up for it by sending it now, they never mentioned why it was never sent and why they repeatedly told me they would send it.

First of all I don't understand how they expect to sell any furniture without a display and not even a wood swatch, and we are talking about over $5, 000 worth of furniture. Secondly if they didn't plan to send the swatch at all why not telling us outright so we didn't have to waste all this time waiting for it and could look for alternatives. When I questioned them about this they stopped the communication completely!

Wu