Portfolio Recovery Associates / Calling wrong person!

VA, United States Review updated:

I just moved and have a new number. Apparently Portfolio Recovery (collections agency) is looking for someone with the same first initial and last name. Every night about the same time, after I have retired, they call. It is an automated message and says if I'm not "Chad" to disregard. It wakes me up and I get up for work at 2:00 A.M. so I go to bed very early. I have not been able to find the right person to make this stop. It is even on the weekends! Apparently some brilliant person thinks there is only one C. Wilson in Scottsdale, Arizona and it MUST be Chad. I cannot disconnect my phone as I have elderly parents that may call. My number is also unlisted. As with most collection agencies, it doesn't matter if it is a mistake, they will drive you absolutely NUTS! What do I have to do, pay off Chad's debts to be free of them? Move? Change my name?

Sleepless in Scottsdale.
Cd

Comments

Jo
  4th of Dec, 2007
Hello, my name is Attorney Joseph A. Mullaney, III. I represent Pennsylvania and New Jersey consumers against companies that mis-program their computers to call the "wrong person." I have found that the only way these companies change their policies is to be hit in the pocketbook. If you have a residential (non-business) telephone number receiving unlawful consumer debt collection telephone calls, you may have a cause of action. Did you know that you may be entitled up to $1000.00 under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 1692, et seq. and another $1500.00 for each automated (prerecorded or artificial) telephone call under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. 227, et seq.?

If you wish to speak about your matter, please email me. If we agree that professional representation is warranted, I represent consumers without any upfront costs or attorneys fees. Instead, they will be deducted from your recovery and/or awarded by the court against the defendants. Other terms and conditions apply. I hope to hear from you soon because there are important statute of limitations governing your possible action.

Nothing herein is intended nor may it be construed as legal advice. For legal advice, consult an attorney.

Very truly yours,