Popeyes Chicken / charges on credit card

1 east ridge roadRochester, NY, United States Review updated:

I noticed a charge on my cc 2 days ago from popeyes chicken. On the statement it tells me the store number from which the charge was made. I called the only popeyes i have only been to once in my lifetime which was 4 months ago. I asked their store number which was not the store number on my statement. In fact the store number on my statement is a popeyes store that closed in July 2008. I called Popeyes corp. whom referred me to the local district franchise office, to my surprise the number was not accurate. I then called back to the corp. office and they did not know any other number i could call and had absolutely no idea where to direct me next. They stated only thing they could do was to prepare a report and send it via email to upper management. I wanted to speak directly with a manager or someone who could answer my questions but apparently they have no telephones available and no alternate means of contact directly. Well, this has been 2 days now and still no call back. Can it be possible that the store delayed charging my card by four months but if so the charge didn't come from the store i visited. Honestly I don't even remember if I used my card there or paid cash. Frustated at the lack of concern on their end regarding charges from their corp. on my credit card.

Comments

• Qf
      1st of Feb, 2009

Its called a charge back. Don't waste your time dealing with the merchant, have your credit card company do that.