Planet Fitness / service

1 uniontown, KS, United States Review updated:

Hello I bought membership last year under bettyjo watson I never got to use because I was diagnosed with a auto immune disease and adrenal gland disorder so I was on strict watch im now able to get healthy which is great because I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes... I never got to start my membership that includes never walking in getting my shirt taking the tour nothing.. I ended up leaving my job because I wasnt allowed to work.. So anywho I walk in yesterday to the gym in uniontown pa where I got my membership last yr as I guest to find out about everything.. I was refused a shirt I never got and was told I cant come back even as a guest because im in collection's... Because I closed out the acct because again I lost everything due to my illness.. How can I be in collections for something I never even walked foot in and used. Its crazy to me to promote healthy but turn ppl away... If I would of known this when I started membership I would of never done it sometimes commitments have to be broken.. Now I have to travel 20 mins away instead of 2 mins away to a complete different gym to get healthy and help my body come back to life.. This isnt okay at all especially when I never used it in the first place... And now 2 others I was bringing with me arent going to go there talk about no judgement. To be told I cant come back unless I pay all of what I couldnt and never used so im suppose to pay for a membership I never used thats makes no sense..

Be
Feb 13, 2018

Comments

• Je
      19th of Feb, 2018

I actually had something VERY similar happen to me here in Florence ky. Not only was I diagnosed with an illness, but I moved 34 miles away and when I went in to talk to them about freezing my membership, I was told that I couldn't. Now I owed over $200 and am wanting to slowly get back to being active but cannot due to the fees associated with them not allowing me to freeze my acct. It actually says in the contract that you have to cancel or freeze it in person. Maybe that's the issue you're having. I agree that if you never stepped foot in there, something should be done to help you clear this up!