Planet Fitness / avoid them like a plague
Much like others, Planet Fitness duped me into there membership and then started charging my card randomly. In a 5 week period I was charged $30 for a start up fee (I agreed to that), 2 monthly charges, and today charged for a "yearly" fee. When I signed up, I was told the $30 start up fee would cover me for 1 year. Also, shouldn't a yearly fee be charged after a year? I was told at the local Planet Fitness there was nothing I could do about it and if I dropped my membership I would be out the $80 I had already paid for 1 MONTH of membership. Beyond that, it’s impossible to get a hold of the corporate level to talk to anyone. To make it worse, when I walked into the gym they were running a special for $1 sign up. After asking about that, the front desk just answered "bad timing on your part." Thanks...
More Planet Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Planet Fitness - annual fee charge 
- Planet Fitness - rude staff and manager! 
- Planet Fitness - be careful when quiting this gym! 
- Planet Fitness - freezing membership! 
- Planet Fitness - billing practices 
- Planet Fitness - television station choices.
- Planet Fitness - the customer service from the front desk boy!!! 
- Planet Fitness - customer service
- Planet Fitness - employee service
- Planet Fitness - service