Planet Fitness / broken equipment

1 Fort Washington, MD, United States

I have a membership at the Fort Washington, MD location. I love the staff they are helpful and very engaging. My issue is with the lack of working machines. There are many treadmills that are not in good working order. Many have the heart monitor sensors missing or don't have volume on the live TV working. I was at the fitness center on 12/29 at 4:30 pm. Approximately 15 of the treadmills were not in working order. Either they had the heart monitor sensors missing, were totally out of commission or did not have working sound when I plugged my headset in.
I find it interesting that this location that is predominately used by persons of color is lacking the necessary equipment and maintenance. I have visited other clubs in affluent locations and have noticed that their machines are of a better quality and maintained and repaired quickly. As club member pay the same price regardless of location it would behoove Planet Fitness to honor its commitment to club members and ensure that all clubs are held to the same high standards.

Br