[Resolved] Planet Fitness / beware when renewing membership - $99 annual members

1 6838 Race Track Road, Bowie, MD 20715Bowie, MD, United States Review updated:

In addition to a monthly membership fee, planet fitness (Gym) has offered a deal for the past several years where you pay $99 for the entire year, and no membership renewal fee. I first took advantage of this offer on 12/30/13, and the expiration date on my membership for the following year was 12/30/14. On 12/15/14, I renewed my membership, again for $99, and the month and day of my expiration date remained the same (I. E., expired on 12/30/15). However, on 12/19/15 when I renewed my membership for 2016, my expiration date changed to the month and day I renewed (I. E., 12/19) instead of remaining 12/30. I later spoke with the general manager about this. He said they have a "new (Computer) system" and it changes the expiration month and day to the renewal month and day. He advised that this affects only the $99 annual members. He said that he could not change the expiration date in the system, but that he would make a notation on my account that my membership is good until 120/30/16, instead of 12/19/16. I advised him that the $99 annual members need to be made aware of this when renewing, because this didn't happen last year (Apparently before they got a "new system."). I was satisfied that the general manager took care of the problem without any questions or argument, but I was not pleased that I was not informed of this change when I renewed my membership. So, $99 annual members - if you renew prior to your expiration date, you will lose whatever time is remaining on your existing membership (Or lose it the following year, depending on how you want to look at it).

• Resolution statement

Manager allowed me to renew for $99 and extended my membership until the end of the month, instead of the date I renewed on.

Mi