Petland / awful company

United States Review updated:

I bought a ferret from Petland located at 8800 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite #3, Las Vegas, NV 89117, [protected] because he was on sale. He was absolutely beautiful, although a little bit lethargic.They waved this full warranty crap in front of my face and me like an idiot I believed them.We left Petland and took him directly to the Vet, where we spent an additional $50 having all the tests run for parasites and so on. I woke up the next morning and he was DEAD. We called Petland, they said bring him in and they would make it right. When we got there it was a completely different story. They refused to exchange it for another Ferret. They refused to give us our money back. And then they told us to have the Ferret autopsied and they're vet, at our expense. More than $200. The vet wouldn't autopsy him because he had been dead more than 12 hours. Petland told us we were screwed, and if we wanted our money back to take them to court.

We didn't even have the ferret for 24 hours. He was a birthday gift, and holding a dead ferret for my birthday was NOT my idea of a good time. I was hysterical, they told us they would take care of us then they called security to usher us out of the store. Our entire experience was heartbreaking.

Their warranty is not worth the paper it was written on. I urge everyone to stay far far away from this store at 8800 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite #3 Las Vegas, NV 89117, [protected].

Comments

•   Apr 17, 2008
    Petland - worst place ever
    Petland
    www.petland.com

They keep male and female hamsters together. when I told them their hamsters were humping the guy that worked there said "oh good maybe will get some babies!" these hamsters were FOR SALE which means some family is going to end up getting 20 hamsters for the price of one yay! (Not really if you have had it happen) also there puppies are all from puppy mills and normally are twice or more the price of the same purebred puppy from a reputable breeder. a lot of the puppies also already health problems and they are still over charging. DONT BUY!

Dec 30, 2008
    Petland - awful experience
    Petland
    petland.com

On November 30, 2017 Petland sold me a sick puppy. Her first free pet visit cost me $68! She has intestinal parasites. We had to take her back to the vet yesterday because she has severe yeast infections in both her ears and a 'foreign body' growing on her spine -- another $113. We went back to Petland in hopes of speaking to the manager and working something out. When I said the words 'sick puppy' in their crowded store, my daughter and I and three grandchildren were immediately surrounded by five store employees, the vet bills were forced from my daughter's hand by a six-foot male employee and we were pushed out of the store while a female employee called my daughter a ### because she was trying to explain our situation.

The police were called and the male employee who took our vet bills tried to tell the police that my daughter assaulted him! They viewed the store video and of course no assault was seen. The female employee continued to scream at my daughter calling her a ### and insisting that she be arrested, while my grandchildren witnessed this. They are completely traumatized by the entire thing. My daughter and I had to sign trespass citations promising not to return to Petland under threat of arrest. How sad! SHAME on Petland for this nasty behavior! I am tenacious and intend to pursue this with vigor! Thanks for listening.

• Ob
      Jun 09, 2010

I thought my experience with Petland was bad. This is HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! How can they get away with that?

• Jb
      Aug 10, 2010

I'm sure if you went in the store and acted like a nice person you would of been treated better. I have been in the customer service business for 40 years both on the ground and in the air. People like yourself deserve everything you get!