Pep Boys / leak

1 Thousand Oaks, CA, United States

I was told I had a leak and that to repair to would cost a total of nearly $1400.00 dollars in total. I took it to a very reputable repair shop who said, after running pressure tests, that the only leak was the result of a radiator cap seal - repaired for $14.00 (plus $50.00 because they had to respond to Pep Boys assertion that there was another leak by running the pressure tests).

ALSO: A few months separate from that I asked about the lights on my dashboard regarding brake fluid and AV (a total of 4 lights were lit). They said it was the "mother board" and after trying desparately to find me a better price, it would again cost about $1400.00 all told for parts and labor. I went to that other repair shop yesterday and they fixed the problem for a cost of $59.00 dollars. Stripped wires due to rodent activity. They ran tests and determined up front that there was absolutely no problem with the mother board.

This goes beyond error and is criminal activity as far as I'm concerned. I will be contacting local authorities and newspapers.

Bi