Pep Boys / incompetent service tech.

1 Farmington Hills, MI, United States

Never ever, ever, ever again!!!

I took my 2007 toyota rav4 in for an oil change on sunday 10.17.2018. I should have known that I was in the wrong place when the service attendant asked me what type of oil does your truck uses??? The oil change took much longer than usual. The next morning when I started my truck it would not stay on, it kept cutting off. So I contacted the service manager over at pep boys to explain the situation that I was experiencing with my vehicle. First off, he was very unprofessional in his non apologetic and nonchalant demeanor. The service manager wanted me to bring my truck back in so that they could take a look at it. I decided not to take my truck back to pep boys and take it instead to my dealership. I was a long rough ride getting my truck into the dealership the truck kept cutting off the whole why. I then explained to the service manager at the dealership that I had just taken my truck in for an oil change and nothing else. The mechanic then lifted my hood and checked the oil and confirmed that the service technical over at pep boys had over filled my truck with too much oil.

Location farmington hills, mi