Pep Boys / dishonesty

1 Clarksville, IN, United States Review updated:

Several years ago my mom took her Ford F150 to Pep Boys for an alignment (it was verring off to the left.) She dropped it off, they did the alignment (well, I mean...they charged her for an alignment) and she took it home. It wouldn't drive a straight line out of the parking lot. She told me about it, so I went to take a look. I used to be a mechanic myself, so I am a little harder to fool when it comes to auto repairs. I got on my knees and popped my head under the truck. It took two seconds to see the problem...the bushing for the radius arm was shot. An alignment will never take on a vehicle if all the suspension components are not in working order and since the radius arm wasn't, there was NO way that the vehicle could hold its alignment. Therefore either an incompetent mechanic hooked the truck up and did an alignment without bothering to look the vehicle over. Anybody should have been able to notice what the problem was! Or they never pulled the truck in to the garage and charged my m0m for doing nothing. I just hate it when Auto Service places take advantage of women. I was pissed off. I drove her truck up there. I told the Assistant Manager that I wanted to speak with the Manager. He assured me that he was the man to help me with my problem. I told him the story and requested my mothers money back. He said he would have to get the manager (HA HA). Anyway, I told that Manager the story and he started telling me about all the measurements that go into an alignment. I didn't tell him that I knew anything about cars. I told him that the car was still veering to the left like it was before it was brought in. He suggested buying new tires. After letting him blow smoke up my ### for five minutes... I told him that I used to be a mechanic and that there is no way that an alignment would take on the vehicle because the radius arm bushing is bad. I argued with him for about five minutes and spoke very loud to ensure that all the people waiting for their car to be serviced. They had long faces as if they were now worried about if they are being taken to the cleaners. I ended up getting my moms money back and he told me to never come back. Trust me, he didn't have to worry about me returning. What a joke of a company. Beware! Take your car elsewhere.

Comments

12th of Apr, 2011

I went to pep boys store in Riverdale Ga to get 4 new tire, after I got the car back i noticed my tire light was on. I contacted pepboys and was told I need to drive the car for 50 miles to reset the light. I did as told but nothing happen. I took the car back to pepboys was told this time I need to go to the car dealer to get my light reset. I took my car to my mechanic and was told the my tire pressure monitoring valve were all damaged. Went back to Pep boys another time and was told they would put a claim in to get my car fixed . It is now 4 months and when I call 800 pepboys to see what was going on i was told to go ahead and file a lawsuit. Well i am doing just that .