26881 Aliso Creek Road, Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, US
Fri:7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:7:30 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

sexual discrimination

I took my car in for a smog check, and I was told no appointment necessary, anytime between 9am to 5pm. I was speaking to Service Manager, Patrick McPhee #880. I left and returned within 1 1/2 hour, to complete my smog check. Patrick spoke up and indicated that it would be a 4 hour wait. He stated that "his guy" had a job left over from the previous night that had to get done, and I could wait. Of course I can't wait 4 hours, but I tell him I would return. I ask that he put my information in the computer, so I would be guarenteed that when I return @4:30, I would be helped. He refuses to put my information into the computer. I remarked that information would have been helpful an hour ago, so I could have gone somewhere else. I ask my husband to turn around and take my car back, to see if he can get in any sooner, and he does. He is helped within 5 minutes, no wait time. He speaks with another assistant manager, Brian Baldwin, and he is very informative. He indicates that Patrick had had a fight with his girlfriend that AM, and was having a bad day. Patrick should leave his personal life at the door. My daughter was with me, and now she thinks that Pep Boys treats all women in this manner, young or old. What can I tell her? I know this much. I purchased tires from Pep Boys, and unfortunately I have to continue to do business with them. After I change out my tires, I will never do business with them again. They have just lost a 20 year relationship with myself. I intend to tell everyone I know, and am considering taking this to a legislative level. Your attention to this matter is appreciative.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 28, 2010

What Dawn said is sadly true. I bring a male family member or friend with me just in case.

• Bi
    bikerchic6 Jan 12, 2011

I work at pepboy's and I am sorry that you had an issue. I have noticed even though I built bikes and worked on trucks all my life, I still have that issue. We get some women in that know MORE than some of the guys I work with. It is not right at all, but I don't know how to fix the attitudes of other people, if I did I would! I am really sorry that you had a bad experience at Pepboy's.

• Mi
    missmomof2 Feb 18, 2011

Could it be that her husband went in and started yelling in the store. Possibly Brian got the job done to prevent the husband from being physical or causing issues with other customers. Did it ever occur to anyone that Pep Boys happens to be a busy auto shop? What about the customer from the previous day? Would he or she be happy to learn that there car had to wait because Mrs. Stuck up wanted her car done within an hour? Majority of the customers at this particular shop are very rude and want to be put ahead of other customers. I have seen customers act this way when I was there getting my car worked on. Come on People! Stop being so stuck up! Pep Boys has my business.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices