Panera Bread / panera bonus card

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 by   User
In mid December I purchase $150 of Panera gift cards to give friends and colleagues for Christmas. We love Panera food, so I figured they would also.
I was excited to also receive the $10 bonus cards for every $50. The young man who completed my purchase was very nice and gave me receipts for each card. He did not, however, tell me that the bonus cards were for a restricted time period in January. It wasn't until I was ready to buy my lunch this week that I found the cards no longer worked. I had been to Panera's 3 times already in January, but had used my free rewards on my account and another gift card.
I agree that the bonus card stated the dates Jan. 1-22, but I did not even look at the cards after my December purchase until ready to use them.
Unfortunately, I did not benefit from that large purchase of gift cards. as I expected.
My request is simple. Please make it clear by signage at registers and verbal statements by employees if there is a restricted time limit on bonus cards. It is very compelling to offer such bonus cards, but if the customer is not clearly made aware of restrictions, you have disappointed customers.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree