Outback Steakhouse / service and food

On fathers day m son wanted us all to go to outback. we made reservation and were greeted and seated promptly. We ordered alcoholic drinks and appetizers. we ordered the sampler. the onion pedals were so overcooked they were disgusting! I ordered the 1/2 rack of ribs with aussie fries. The server never once asked if wed like another drink. the fries were nice and hot the ribs were COLD. I tried one bit and refused to eat it . it was barely room temperature and the center was not. As a retired executive chef I know how long it takes to cook good ribs and that in order to meet a demand they may have to be reheated no problem just heat them! any foods reheated for service must come to 165 this was not done. The server never checked back to see why I did not eat them and I could not even get another drink. I went to the hostess and told her at least tell the kitchen when they serve ribs to heat them. regretfully a family member paid the bill as I would not have paid for food that was not edible.

• Updated by chef bkh, Jun 17, 2018

terrible

Ch
Jun 17, 2018

Comments

• Be
      17th of Jun, 2018

As someone who has worked as a chef, why did you not ask for a manager? You went to the hostess and made a passing remark. The time to speak up is right then and there.