Orbitz / Orbitz is useless for flight bookings

United States Review updated:

I tried over 3 days to book a trip, using Orbitz, from Shanghai to Auckland, NZ and onwards to Melbourne, Aus before returning to Shanghai. Multiple times they would show a price but when I tried to book – “this price is no longer available”. When I finally got a firm price they would say the booking was accepted but would be “confirmed within 24 hours” whilst also immediately charging my credit card. Each time I would get an email saying they regretted the airline could not confirm the ticket “but this is a rare event”. This happened across multiple dates and airlines!

I purchase a round trip ticket from Thursday November 24, 2011 to Tuesday November 29, 2011. My flight for Tuesday November 29, 2011 was on American Airline Flight 613, departs from NYC JFK at 5:45pm at Gate 35 and arrive at Miami International at 9:10pm Gate D3. My record locator for this trip was confirmed. Unfortunately when I got to the airport they could not find my return trip. I was transfer from one counter to the other and no one could help me, they said they could not find me in the system, so press for time to get home I had to purchase another ticket for $278, and that flight that I was put on was the same airline and the same time of my previous ticket.

I received my Orbitz Flight Status Notification on Tuesday November 29, 2011 at 2:46pm confirming my flight. I would like to get reimburse for my second ticket. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. Switched to travelocity – confirmed the e.ticket by email within 5 minutes AND it was USD400 cheaper!!! If Orbitz is doing this to tens of thousands of customers each day are they using the credit card balances to bolster their finances?? DON’T USE ORBITZ!!!

Nu

Comments

• Or
      4th of May, 2012

Hi, Nujlas,
    This is Robert, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations team. Please email us at [protected]@orbitz.com. Please use my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.
    Thank you for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.
    Sincerely,
    Robert Woyach
    Orbitz Customer Relations

• Or
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Hi Maureen

My name is Lynne; I'm a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. Regrettably, Airlines may update flight times, discontinue routes, cancel or delay flights at will. Orbitz is not responsible for these changes. However, we’re happy to review and address your concern. Please email us at [protected]@orbitz.com and include your Orbitz Confirmation # ; so we may assist.

Thank you for reaching out. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
    Lynne
    Orbitz Customer Relations
    Chicago, IL

3rd of Jun, 2016
    Orbitz - flight
    Orbitz

When I purchased my round trip ticket from Orbitz August 9 my arrival time to West Palm was 11:15 am on 11/22. My return flight had me leaving at 5:10 and arriving in Salisbury at 9:29. Both flights had about 4 but under 5 hours travel time. I picked these times on purpose and early so I would get what I wanted!

This is the second time in 2 months they have changed my tickets (what is the point of purchasing tickets with you when you are not going to honor them). Again, I purchased the original times for a reason! Now Orbitz have me arriving 3 1/2 hours later on the 22nd, which now makes my travel time over 7 hours. My return flight you are making me leave 3 hours earlier so I can arrive at supposedly 10 minutes earlier. But your adding 3 hours to my travel time.

Explain to me why I would ever want to purchase tickets from them in the future. I recently bought a house in Florida so will be traveling back and forth 5 to 6 times a year, it certainly doesn't look like I will be using Orbitz again! I didn't have this problem when I used Cheapoair so I guess I will have to stay with them (used their services four times last year without a hitch).

Dissatisfied customer,