Having problems with SkyAuction.com?

241 North Avenue
Westfield, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SkyAuction.com.

Complaints & Reviews

SkyAuction.comFraud - changed "offer" after auction was one and my credit card was processed.

While we have used them successfully in the past, my recent unfortunate experience showed them to be consummate scam artists. I bid on and one what was shown to be up to 6 nights at a hotel in Mexico. I elected to provide the travel dates a later time. They confirmed the win and charged my credit card for the full amount. When I subsequently tried to provide the dates for travel on the site, it said I could only have 1 night (even though I had paid for 6!!). I thought this was an error in the system, so I sent them the information via email. I was then contacted by them and told that it was an auction for only 1 night, which was clearly a lie. I went back on the site to view the original auction listing and they had changed it to one night only, even though the auction listing had expired. I was then sent a notification that they were unable to confirm my reservation.
The incontrovertable fact is that they committed fraud by altering the expired listing, even though they confirmed my auction win and charged my credit card. I called them and got absolutely nowhere.
I realize that the fine print says that all wins are subject to acceptance by the provider, but in this case, they clearly made a mistake and commited fraud to "make it go away."
They should be shut down by the New York State Department of Consumer Affairs.

SkyAuctionFees are ridiculous but not as rediculous as the people doing the bidding!

I have used Skyauction for years and for sure it is "Caveat Emptor" let the buyer beware. I find what I consider to be a bargain maybe one time in a 1, 000 offers. In fairness, many offers just don't interest me but in the 100's that do I have to work hard to find something of a true savings. Fees are what kills the legitimacy of this site in my opinion. Although the fees are not hidden they don't make it easy to figure out exactly what your bottom line is going be after you add your winning bid to the figure. With different rates for different travel cities and travel times, etc. it can make figuring out your final price a lot like figuring out a Rubik's Cube. I know for some that is no feat at all but for the rest of us mopes it's very difficult. All of that being said, what I find even more rediculous than their pricing is "US" the bidders. If you ever peek at some of the winning bids you'll understand why. Countless offers I have seen over the years went for full retail and in some cases even more. Some of you folks apparetly never heard of Google. Also, when coupled with those fees I spoke about it gets even more rediculous. I mean really...don't you folks ever compare prices? Is it simply the act of successfully winning a bid that turns you on or is it the satisfaction of saving money? Just for laughs take a look at the typical Dining offers. There's pretty much only a one time processing fee to add to your winning bid so that is good but I still chuckle to myself daily when I see the winning bid on a $100 certificate come in at $78. Add the processing fee of $10 and wow you get a whopping $2 savings from just showing up at the restaurant sans certificate. And that's actually a good one. I have seen worse. Yes, keeping bidding stupidly folks. Afterall, it's not like Skyauction is ever going to offer the very same dinner, show, hotel stay, or vacation package an hour from now.

Sky auctioncustomer no-service

I had bought a ticket for my ticket for travel to France. The price wasn't bad but it was no bargain either. British Air had requirements about his checking in etc, which he followed but the BA website would not let him indicating that he had to do that at the airport. He used his passport in Portland, Oregon for checking in with United, security, etc. and it was accepted along the way with no comments about the passport. While checking in at British Air, he was not admitted passage, saying (1) he hadn't checked in online and (2) his passport was not good. SKY AUCTION simply threw up their hands and said "Hey all sales are final""we are not responsible for British Air" (read Black's law dictionary and the definitions of agent). CITI CARD was also in on this and refused to dispute the charge. I will never use another auction site, British Air or Citi card. All should be ashamed of themselves.

• Ro
          rowenauri Jun 12, 2014

i received a message that i won a samsung led tv from freelotto and also a sky auction certificate worth $50. how do i claim these or are these true?

SkyAuction — Blue Lagoon Cruise to Fiji

We won a bid on Skyauction.com for a cruise in Fiji. We paid US$450 for a cabin upgrade and US$80 for...

SkyAuctionBeware

I was the winning bidder for a 7 day vacation at Oyster Bay in St. Martin. They did not honour the auction because they claimed I had an existing reservation through Expedia. Not only did they not honour it, but they did not even have the courtesy to contact me that there was a problem. My reservations and payment were made on 6/23/08-due date was 6/30/08. About two weeks after that, I contacted them for verification. That's when I learned there was a problem. I have it in writing from Expedia that no such reservation exists. They won't even respond to my emails now. Stay way from skyauction!