Olive Garden / service of waitress

Virginia Beach, VA, United States

I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo and the waitress asked if I wanted chicken or shrimp. I'm a vegetarian so I said no thank you, to which she said she could "throw in" some veggies for me. That sounded great so I said sure. It was a bunch of broccoli and some mushrooms, not what I pictured, but I just picked out the broccoli and ate what I wanted. When the check came I realized she charged me extra for the broccoli and mushrooms. I thought it was a mistake so I questioned her about it. She gave me an incredulous look and said that extra toppings cost extra. Well I didn't order extra toppings, she offered to "throw in" some veggies. The look she gave me was like I was some kind of idiot. I really felt like I was taken advantage of tonight. If I had known it was going to be some steamed broccoli and mushrooms then I definitely wouldn't have asked for them. That and her attitude put a really bad taste in my mouth about the restaurant. I mean I eat at Olive Garden all the time and I have never had this happen so I'm pretty disappointment.

Ka