Old Navy / paid off account but they won't recognize it

1 United States

My husband made some charges to his Old Navy card and a bill was never sent. My husband didn't inform me of the charges and without the bills I didn't know he had charged and without him seeing the bills he though I paid it off. 3 months later I get a copy of my husband credit report to see that the account is in collections. I immediately call them and work through the muck. They were sending our bills to the wrong address but will not take off the late fees etc. Fine whatever. I settle with the collections agency and paid them in full. It was conveyed to me that upon payment they would close my husband's Old Navy account.

One month later I start recieving bills from Old Navy saying we owe them this total when we had paid it off with collections. We paid the total fee in April. It is now mid October and things are still not resolved. Every month when we call to clear things up we are rerouted from person to person and no one can help us. Occassionally we get someone who tells us it's all takenc are of only to get a bill the next month. It has dropped my husband credit score enourmously and they are not doing anything to help us. We now have a lawyer and are in the process of taking them to court.

The Old Navy customer service department are the least competent individuals on the face of the planet.

Em