Ocwen / unauthorized charges, incorrect reporting

1 IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 180074ocwen

This company is affecting my life in negative ways that I have trouble comprehending. i believe they are operating with the intent to ruin customers' credit scores so that they can never refinance thereby securing the mortgage loans for the entire 30 year life of the loan and 100% of the interest accrued. 4 years ago when my adjustable rate loan was set to rise, they offered me a modification in order to keep my business. They now report both of my loans as "partial payments" each month which has tanked both my husband and I's credit scores by over 200 points each. All of our credit cards have either been closed or the rates maxed out at 30 percent as a direct result of Ocwen's incorrect reporting of the loans. Now this month they processed my payment for 200 dollars over the monthly payment amount, what I wrote the check for. They say that it is my responsibility to prove that the check was for the correct amount; They discard the checks after they are processed. Someone hit a 5 instead of a 3 and now my bank account is overdrawn and no one will help me. I really believe that this is another indication of their malintended plan to ruin my credit so that I can NEVER get away from these loans by refinancing. I HATE OCWEN. When I speak to their representatives they treat me like my story is always a lie and I am an idiot. It can NEVER be their mistake and they have no procedures in place to handle complaints in any way. if anyone has any advice or action please recommend it to me.

Comments

• Oc
      28th of Dec, 2010

I HATE Ocwen as well. I called Ocwen to see if I could make my Dec. payment in 2 payments and the guy said yes. You aren't set up that way but go ahead and make your first payment and I will document when you are sending your payments. I made my first payment and then my second payment 2 weeks later and both were received prior to the 15th when payment is due. I then get a phone call saying my payment is LATE. I then get a letter showing my 2nd payment being applied to my mortgage bill but my 1st payment is in a holding account and I now need to pay the 1st payment amount plus late fees. I call and get a guy that tells me I need to get my dates straight and basically too bad, you are set up to pay that way so oh well. I ask to speak to a supervisor, get a voice mail, leave a voice mail and get hung up on. The supervisor calls me back in the morning and proceeds to tell me that he will have to pass this on because he can't change the account either. Mind you he tells me he sees where I called and the guy documented my payment request. Then asks me if the guy got authorization to let me do this!!! I HATE this company and I will be filling a complaint with the Attorney Generals office as well.