Complaints & Reviews

they now own my home

My home was for sale for 9 months. We entered into a "short sale" agreement with ocwen. Our realtor had offers. We jumped through hoops for ocwen. We finally had to get a lawyer but they wouldn't even talk to him. All we ever talked to was foreigners from india. Today our home was sold at auction and guess who bought it for $100?? They did. I pushed and pushed and finally some guy told me they "wanted" my house and it is better for them to keep it and will make money on it when the market picks up. They had no intention of selling it or looking at my offers. I am so mad at organized banks. Our realtor, lawyer and ourselves went through all the motions, met all their requirements and in the end they "just wanted my house". Where does that leave me? With a foreclosure on my record all because they wanted my house and wouldn't consider selling it. We lost $40, 000 and have ruined credit all because we trusted them to care about the customer and do what is best for the customer. Hogwash. They have made billions each year off taking peoples homes - yet they are a major supporter of a group that looks out for minorities getting homes! The average hard working american able to afford american dream is now the minority. What about us? Forget those piddle "stimulus" checks - be careful who you trust.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jun 17, 2008

this is the most unethical, immoral and dishonest company I have ever dealt with

I am in the process of having my home foreclosed on. I am not saying that I didn't pay my house payment late as we all have had troubles. What I am complaining about is the unethical, unfair and dishonest way OCWEN bank operates. They deliberately hold partial payments and not credit to the account. They add astronomical fees onto each monthly bill. When asked the payment due/pay off they would never give a correct amount, they charged return check fees when a check was never returned. They said my loan was in the mitigation department and to wait until they emailed me regarding a forbearance, repayment or loan moderation plan. Then, not 30 days later I was served with foreclosure payments. I have the employee on tape telling me not to send a payment and I repeated myself that I have never heard of a company not wanting a payment on something...ever. Everyone I have ever spoke to can not speak English. They never update your account when you call so it looks as if you ignored them. It is a lie. They have a $1000.00 check they never cashed. They billed my escrow account for taxes then we had to pay our own property taxes. This company is the most unethical, immoral and dishonest company I have ever dealt with. They are slowly stealing all the equity in my home and stealing my children's home. I need help and I don't know what to do. How can anyone get away with this? Who protects the hard working American's?

• Rl
    rlb2020 May 13, 2010

Ocwen mortgage is the worst company i have ever dealt with, they have done the exact same thing to my wife and along with harassing us daily by calling our home up to 20 times per day even though our mortgage payment was not even late. We even spoke to them on numerous occasions informing them the payment was not late and would be paid through their website before it was late. After many of the non-american telephone reps we spoke with told us they would stop the calls by placing a comment on our account they STILL called up to 10 times per day. I find it funny how they CLAIM to help customers yet they do nothing to help and only harass their customers and lie to them. What is probably worse is the fact that Ocwen was probably one of the companies that got aid from the government wit our tax dollars yet they employ only people from different countries not americans that bailed them out of their financial problems. If you are an ocwen customer i feel badly for you becuase you are correct they are the most unethical company i have ever seen, i own my own business and if i treated my clients they way ocwen did i would be out of business in a short time. Everyone that is an ocwen customer should file as many complaints on them as they possibly can and perhaps our wonderful government will decide to step up and do something...wait we all know that won't happen look how all of the banks and agencies our tax dollars helped are still giving huge bonuses to their employees and yet so many of us struggle just to keep our homes.

signed a very dissatisfied Ocwen customer.

they are a joke

I am having the same problems with Ocwen all the fees and hours on the phone on hold! I admit I was behind on payments but I made ever effort to fix it I did everything they told me too and am still behind by there calculations! I am considering hiring a lawyer! Dose anyone know any less costly way I can report them and get some legal advice on how to fight them! I had a forbearance plan in place paid it and there was a modification after that they lost my paper work when I sent it in I was smart though and sent it certified! I had to fax them copies of everything! I now find out they have been miss applying my payments to the old forbearance plan not my modification! UGH HELP!

• Ro
    Rose Grant May 11, 2009

me they will send me out the package in which i did received from them they lied to me and put me on a forebrance plan and they also increded my monthly payment from 3963 to 4447 a month a lso want demand payment i dont trust them so i hired a realeast Attony to deal with them i will join with you all in the law suite against ocewnBrooklyn I have a loan with ocwen i applied for a modification they told

mortgage ripoff

This is one of the top rip off mortgage companies in the USA right now. They keep agreeing to certain thing and never go thru with the agreements and lie about everything. This mortgage company needs to be fully investigated for fraud. I can’t get them to return my calls at all now, they are trying to make it so I default on my loan, by saying I have never called them, and there never was any other agreement made. This is the worse mortgage company in the history of the USA.

• El
    ELAINE & SCOTT MACLACHLAN Oct 08, 2008

I was forced to take two sub-prime loans to save my family's home of 20 years following a 3 year permanently disabling work injury, wrongfully denied by Workers' Comp. Apeals Board and denied by Zurich American Ins. (found as a misdiagnosis by LAC+USC Med Center two years later.
    My family (with all teens working) saved us from five foreclosures in three years.
    Ocwen adreed to renegociate our loan for an agreed fee. Thiss process took approx. two months, yet Ocwen notified us (April, 2008) that our loan was being sold to GreenTree Servicing.
    We've been in negociations with GreenTree for some three months, who has now proposed a 5 thousand deposit for the loan restructure, and payments for two years at $2, 200 monthly (instead of our former $3, 300.) for two years, yet this strikes me as another predatory loan, as it readjusts within two years back to the $3, 300. per month.
    Simply sounds like a new predatory loan to me.
    Am on fixed "premanent disability" with a working wife who nets $900. per month. Nothing is signed yet.
    What do we do?
    Scott MaclLachlan

• Ke
    Ken Lafond Nov 02, 2008

I myself have delt with Ocwen and am fully disgusted. I have gone through the "proof of insurance" bull. I have had to deal with the non-payment of house taxes. I have even gone through a few "for-bearance" agreements when I have gone through financial difficulties. The worst thing I feel they have done was when i became late by a month, and after calling them to make a payment and bring my account up to date including late fees they refused to accept my payment, and told me sorry, it's too late your in foreclosure now and will have to accept all the lawyer fees that come with foreclosure, even though they never notified me of this . I think they use unfair tactics and ignoring customer calls and drag out the communication process to thier benefit. Leaving the homeowner with little time to act, putting us in a desperate situation trying to save our homes from foreclosure at the same time they are just tacking on bullcrap fees for their profit

• Tr
    Tracy Mar 15, 2009

Govenors and Congress have all allowed companies like these to operate and flourish within your individual home states. Your Govenor and congress are aware that Ocwen and similar companies are a preditory lender! Ocwen disguises a principal and interest loan by stating that the total amount financed as being quote: The principal. Many people signed these agreements without knowing they were interest bearing loans only. Example : My son in Michigan signed a 15 year P&I loan for $97, 000.00 in December 2001 - for 15 years --Interest rate 11.34% --with an $85, 000.00 Baloon payment at end of 15 years. My son agreed to pay $930.25 for 15 years believing he was paying on a principal and interest loan! Bottom line is this...He never understood the contract. He will have to re-apply for a new mortgage in 2016 for $85, 000.00 or pay $85, 000.00 cash money in December of 2016. These types of mortgages should be outlawed! For a few dollars more per month and a decent interest rate he could have had a legit 15 year mortgage and be done in 2016. No wonder this country is going down the tubes. Sad but true.

• So
    soldon winton May 15, 2009

this damed ocwens is crazy i had just been in a ch.13 paid back bankrytcy which started back in9-04 and just ended 04 14 09 my trusstee paid all my bills on time nervered missed a payment so when the final accounting it showed they were caughth up ocwen also told me i didnt have pay for two months my trusste also told me i could start to pay because i completed my payback iasked ocwen are all my payments good they said yes as soon as i got my discharge they told had i missed four payments i was shocked so this started off faxes and faxes to these cant understand talking departments to make a long story short they forgot before all this started that they gave me a payment history with all the on time payments on it what they did was post them to different year" oh boy what a company what a crazy company cant to wait re-fin.

• Wh
    whispers May 14, 2010

Try this guy. We recently had our mortgage "refinanced" and he wasn't all that helpful, but get to him and if annoying enough - he will go to the top. Some lady is his boss but I can't remember her name.

Joshua Coykendall
    Specialized Home Retention Consultant
    407-737-5285 phone
    866-779-8080 toll free
    561-682-8160 fax

Ocwen
    Email: [email protected]

James Fields Sep 09, 2015

I couldn't have my mortgage insurance removed with Ocwen, even though I qualified for the time to simply have it removed. I have paid the mortgage on time for 5 years and the value of my property has appreciated greatly. I wound up having to re-fi with another lender which I didn't want to do since it should have just been a matter of removing it. I inpound the taxes and insurance. After the closing and after the final payout with them, there was a 2000+ balance left in the inpound escrow account. They started tacking on all of theses trumped up fees to avoid paying the whole amount back to me. They also screwed up the tax statements for 2014 by first sending me printed forms with the wrong amounts. Then sending another form with a correction after the mandatory due date and after I had already filed my taxes. I had to file a correction. When I re-fi'ed this time, I asked if a clause could be added that strictly forbids the sale of the amount from being sold to Ocwen. I would dread having to go thru any of this with them again.

scam and harassment!

This company has from the very beginning ripped us off. We receive fees and penalties when they are not due...

do not sign addendum a!

I attempted to purchase a home under foreclosure. The seller was ocwen. They breached the contract so I...

bogus charges!

June 2005 I was self employed so initially got my mortgage loan with Freemont Investments as a non docs loan...

scam and fraud!

I have had dealings with mortgage lenders in the past but dealing with ocwen is horrible. When I purchased my...

scam and cheating!

When attempting to contact Ocwen,at any of their many phone numbers, they put you on hold until the line...

harassment creating bogus debt mafia related activity!

These people are fraud like to harass create bogus debt. Ocwen loan servicing llc claims I owed household...

terrible experience!

I purchased, what I believed to be a 2 million dollar accidental life insurance policy from ocwen. When I contacted ocwen to ask them about the policy they told me, that it was not for 2 million dollars that it was simply the name they had given to the policy. They said the name was 2 million. And that the actual policy was not worth 2 million and it was a whole life policy so I canceled the policy.

They (Ocwen) always call me at home to offer some new up date to the mortgage like for home repairs, insurance, mortgage life etc. They call at least once per week even though I have told them that I am not interested in increasing my monthly mortgage payment! I do not know if they actually sent my payments for the life insurance payments to the under writer for the insurance coverage that I supposedly had purchased over 1 year ago.

• Gr
    Greg Oct 21, 2008

I can totally relate to everything this person is saying. I found that my insurance policy was not paid by Ocwen. This may lead to them setting a different policy on me, that could be triple the amount.

Ocwen is a very very shady company. I have read 2 complaints about Ocwen, I agree with both of them. It is the same exact thing they are doing to me.

I asked for Ocwen to escrow my taxes and insurance into my mortgage, I was told no!

I asked Ocwen to fix my variable rate, they agreed however when times got tough and I asked for some kind of help me with my mortgage, I was denied because they say it was already modified.

This company needs to be the next corporation before the grand jury, there is some serious corruption going on here.

Also I do get the phone calls offering me these ridiculous things. Wouldnt this fall under the "Donotcall.gov" guidelines. I am selling my home now, just to get away from these people.

I hope others read this, maybe they can avoid it and use an honest company!

• Da
    Danielle Townsend Dec 02, 2008

I agree totally on everyone's comments. When I call Ocwen I can barely understand them, and I have been waiting for 2 months for them to modify our loan. I was even told once that it was left on someones desk and the paper work was never submitted to the underwriters. I have tried to talk to a supervisor but they are always busy with other clients and claim they will call back. YA RIGHT! This company is very shady, and if my husband and I could get out from under them we would in a heart beat. STAY AWAY from them.

fraudulent debt

Aukland ocwen is in violation of fcra fair credit reporting act and fair debt collection practice act.

I have demanded that they write me they refuse to send me a letter this has been going on the past 3-months. I checked my credit report equifax and their is no indication of the debt they described they have also violated my privacy I have demanded their physical address refused they have given bogus names with the same person bogus places claiming they are from india orlando, florida and auckland flordia I have begun initiating my debt collections against them for their refusal to comply with federal and or international law for their bogus debt harassment perjury fraud and possible racketeering.

• Jw
    J. Waters Apr 19, 2008

Something needs to be done with this company. They have my phone number attached to a person with the same last name as mine but I do not know and have never known this person. I have had my phone number and lived at the same address for 25 years so I cannot see how there could be a mix-up. This is now just harrassment. I have asked for my name to be removed from their call list a number of times, they say they will remove it but I still get calls. They only identify themselves as Aukland from Orlando, FL. No will will give me their last names or their business address.

I got so sick of the calls that I played along once to see what they were up to. They asked for the last 4 digits of social security before they would provide any further information. I would never give this out over the phone even if I knew the person they were looking for. I think this is some kind of scam. Beware!!!

overcharging for escrow, and interest

I believe Ocwen bank overcharged me thousands of dollars in junk fees, overcharging for escrow, and interest. They refuse to verify charges and then allegedly you are behind and during the request for account information. they allegedly assigned the loan to LaSalle Bank trustees of a 1998 R-1 pass-through certificate.(what ever that is, some kind of security).

LaSalle Bank filed a foreclosure the day they were assigned the note by OCWEN. They waited 3 months before filing with the court clerk they were the new owners. I found out Lasalle was the owner the day I was served the foreclosure.

OCWEN filed papers with the court they were the owners of the mortgage in 1997 when HUD sold them my loan. When I called LaSalle Bank they told me they had owned my property with this alleged pass-through certificate since 1998. I have never received anything from LaSalle Bank. This case is still pending due to other issues. I still receive bills from OCWEN even though they allegedly assigned this loan to someone else.

I would have thought they would be required to notify me of the transfer. I still do not understand how LaSalle can forclose with ownership in securities related to this property that they bought in 1998 but never filed with the court until after they filed the foreclosure, but still have OCWEN service the loan.

I may lose my home. My husband is disabled.

All of this smells fishy!

• Su
    Susan Wright Nov 29, 2007

In my case Ocwen was supposed to have been paid off in 2005. In a recent review of my credit report it stated that I had an outstanding balance larger than my original loan. When trying to get this resolved I was transferred 5 times to different departments and on hold a total of 2 hours. Still no resolution.

• To
    torben willesen Dec 08, 2007

Ocwen took over my mortgage in 2005. Since then my payments went up from 772 a month to 1200 then this year to 1300. I have not missed any payments. I am on a fore bearings plan. According to Ocwen I am 6 payments behind which stops me from changing Mortgage Co. My payments shows 6 months behind. They also says I owe 15400 on my escrow??

I only have 1 mortgage on my house. I have overpaid my mortgage payments since 2005 by $9800.??

marsha lee Jan 31, 2008

I have a complaint about Ocwen where do i sent it to.

• Ro
    RONALD Jan 22, 2009

I agree that Ocwen is a preditory lender. We have recieved notification that we owe more than the original loan amount after paying on the loan for over five years and have just recieved a letter from LaSalle Bank. These people know what they are doing taking away people's homes. WHERE CAN YOU FILE A COMPLAINT!!!

• Fr
    frustrated in ct Jun 16, 2010

Ocwen has been over charging me in my escrow account for years and same as others they tell me I am behind in my escrow payments and wanted $137 MORE each month this year for taxes when mine acTUALLY WENT DOWN TO VETERAN'S EXEMPTION! There were numerous occassions where they forgot to pay the taxes forcing a lein on my property. The Att General in CT had to intervene. This year they asked me for $1000 more when I had an over-payment this year. I have been trying to get a mtg pay off amount and they keep refusing to send it to me!

My statement at end of year has been incorrect twice claiming they paid the town over $8400 when they really paid $5770. I am asking the AG in CT for a full investigation!

• Pa
    papasmurph Nov 04, 2018

Ocwen has scheduled the sale of my home for 4/27/17.
    The debt was discharged in 2008 and I have paid a
    Mortgage since then. They never had the correct
    Amount owed. Ever time I call I get a different person
    That doesn't know that I called.
    Help