Nuera Telecom / Calling card Fraud, misrepresentation and misleading clients

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This complaint is regarding a calling card company Nuera Telecom through which we registered for a service to call India at 1 Cents/minute; however, I was charged $6 for a call made to India for about 41 minutes (approx 14 Cents/minute).

I was contacted by a salesman of Nuera Telecom in Oct, 2009 who offered me a service for 1Cents/minute to call India. The offer was attractive as other cards charge 1.9 to 4.9 Cents/minute. We were asked to register on www.nueratel.com website. When registering we were not informed that we would be charged $38.95 for security. After signing up we noticed a $38.95 refundable written on the home page of the website, upon asking, the salesman replied we were charged a one time $38.95 security deposit refundable within 24 hours of disconnection of service. We got uncomfortable with the deal and later in the day decided to discontinue the service and asked for refund. That is when we were told several new terms and that $38.95 was refundable only after 45 days. They sent us link to a completely new website called nueratelecom.net with a password to login; as they said we would be able to view terms and conditions only when we register and login.

We waited and followed up for more than 3 months and every time there was a different story told. We did not receive any refund. After being completely harassed and fed up, when they offered a $50.00 worth of calling card with 1 Cents / minute rate to India instead of a refund, we opted it. I called India in the subsequent weeks and in approximate 41 minutes talk time I was charged $6 instead. When I called back to confirm why I was charged about 14cents/min, they dropped calls, put us on hold, told us they will check with technical services, and finally they said that the charges with connection fee and everything is 12Cents / minute. They are complete frauds and misrepresented information and misled us at every single step. We would like to know what action can be taken against them.

I have also put up a complaint against the company on the Better Business Bureau website.

Comments

• G0
      5th of Apr, 2010

I signed up with them and used the service for two months. Initially I got a call from a sales rep who got my number from a friend. The sales rep gave me a sweet deal with very special international rates. Even the deposit was cut to less than a third.

To my surprise the company charged me the full deposit amount, and I called them back. They promised to return the money but never did. When I got my bill there was a shocker, I got charged for calls I didn't even make, I was keeping a log as well as comparing to my cell phone bill calling to the access number. In addition, I was getting charged the full international calling rate.

I cancelled the service. Don't fall for this scam.

• Gi
      14th of May, 2010

Guys, if you don't like Nuera, so go and sign up with Pulse Telecom. For $24.95/month you can make unlimited phone calls to India, Canada and USA (land line and cellular) and also to 16 European countries. All the calls are included in this plan.
    I'm with Pulse Telecom and I'm satisfied.
    Webpage: www.pulsetele.com
    Tel#: 732-217-6309

• Kb
      24th of Sep, 2010

We have been Getting several Telemarketing Calls from Connect2world from India, they keep calling and calling day and night.

Finally, we signed up for $20 with my Visa card. They Promised that they will activate my service within 10 mins of time. It has been more than 25 Days, my service is not activated.

Moreover, today when i received my card statement, I was a bit shocked to see a $200 Charge by connect2world.

Now, when I called the customer care number: 1-714-464-7400, no one picked the call. I was more Surprised when a Person by the name of Maksud Received the Call and said that the order was placed for $200 by me. When I said no, he started Arguing with me and later he started abusing me in very bad words.

Finally, he said that he will block my service and make sure that I do not get my Money Back.

For my uttermost Surprise, I also had a talk with the Call Center owner and he was just laughing his hearts out.

I just want to aware all the Indians in USA and Canada, that please do not entertain any telemarketing calls from connect2world as this is my experience with them.

I have nothing more to say apart from making a complain to BBB and lets see what else I can do to them.

I did refer my friends to Maksud, I also need to check what He has done to my Friends.

Connect2world is a Fraud Company, so please beware of Scams.