Nortonpoor customer service

I bought Norton 360 about a year ago ($90). It installed great, but would not update. I emailed (and emailed and emailed...) asking for help, yet received NONE! I did everything the tech support guys told me to do, but it still would not update. I eventually took it to a professional and he was able to get it to work (at an additional cost of $75). I asked Norton to please extend my subscription since it had not worked for about 6 months. The Norton folks told me the subscription would be extended, yet it wasn't. I emailed, called and wrote letters, and heard nothing but "please fill out this survey to rate our work since we solved your problem."

Never, EVER buy Norton. Their customer service STINKS!

Mb

Comments

• Mr
      Aug 30, 2009

They advertise that if you buy their product then it will prevent viruses..so why when I got a virus did they charge me £114.99 and the very next day I had a warning flash up on computer saying VIRUS????

• Mr
      Aug 30, 2009

Their advert says buy our product to stopo viruses getting through, so why do I buy this and then get charged £114.99 to t=remove a virus, which came back the very next day???

• Wi
      Jul 02, 2012

I have Comcast which comes with Norton; it's part of the monthly charge we pay Comcast I guess.
    I set my computer to an earlier time recently to try and deal with what seemed like bad virus problems that Norton couldn't seem to fix. The date I set my computer to, by the way, was just about two weeks ago. This seemed to cause problems with my Norton Security Suite.
    I was prompted to install Norton's UPDATES but it couldn't install "all" updates. I had an error message that stated I had no IP address. I must have had or I wouldn't have been online and I was online. When I tried to do a "Quick Scan" on Norton it wouldn't let me. I tried repeatedly with the same result. This seemed to be due to the fact that Norton couldn't install all updates. Every time I tried to do a Quick Scan the screen superimposed another Norton screen about installing the updates and "one click settings" . I tried this a dozen times with the same result.
    I called Comcast, which assigns you different IP addresses routinely since Norton error message stated I had no IP address and was told by the Comcast rep that I should contact Norton and I was given a Norton Help telephone number. I called Norton but when I heard their recorded message stating that all assistance was "chargeable" I hung up. Why should I pay for help with what seemed to be a problem on their system?