Norton Internet Security / norton internet security auto renewal

United States Review updated:

I got an e-mail for my Norton Internet Security saying that my subscription had been automatically renewed. I did not remember signing up for this (I don’t do auto drafts for anything) and I knew that I still had time before the previous subscription ran out. I checked my Norton Account and it had an alert that the credit card I used (my VISA debit) had expired. The money had already come out of my bank account but I couldn’t figure out how they used my expired card to pay for this!

Norton, who has outsourced their jobs, could not explain any of this to me or even tell me the date I signed up for Auto Renewal. I called the bank and they said someone sent my card through and it was denied several times before it was approved. From their end, it looked like someone was hitting number combinations for the expiration date until they got the right one! I confronted Norton and they said banks do automatic updates on debits (my bank doesn’t).

I demanded my money back(which was refunded that day) and told them I am paying them to protect me while they are robbing me blind. I am filing complaints on them wherever I can. If they are going to outsource jobs, they ought to at least train their people on United States laws.

Bo

Comments

• Th
      23rd of Jul, 2015

@OP,
    Norton sent a email out before the auto renewal feature was put online. then when it went online they sent another email stating that "you have been automatically set to auto-renew your subscription to make things easier for you to not have to worry about your protection...If you wish to disable this feature please log in to your mynorton account before [insert month before expiration date] to prevent you from incurring renewal charges. Thank You for choosing Norton AntiVirus."

If you didnt act when this was sent out then you have agreed due to not following their warning of the auto renew activation. by not logging in and disabling the feature you are telling them "ok i agree for you to renew my subscription."