Norton Anti - Virus / fraud

1 Independence, MO, United States Review updated:

I have just received a unauthorized charge of $49.99 to my credit card by Symantec's autorenewal system. Yes I had Norton a long time ago on an old machine but kept aquiring viruses so eventually had to scrap my machine and get a new one. Due to dissatisfaction with the Norton product I opted to use free programs from the internet far more suited to my computing needs.

Due to the economic situtation, my family lives within a stringent budget. The timing of this unauthorized debit to my account has accrued to my account a total of $140.00 in overdraft charges. These charges are pending at the moment and I have conacted my bank about what has happened. In response, they have offered me a contact number to Symantec to see if I can resolve the situation with them.

I called the number given by the bank and was kept on hold in excess of forty minutes. I finally gave up waiting at 9.24 pm. I will try again in the morning.

Wish me luck.

Comments

• Th
      7th of Jul, 2014

Norton contacted every customer in 2012 or 2013 about TOS changes that there is a setting they turned on and its mentioned now on sign up about auto renew is set to active by default. they emailed you about this. They legally took the funds out, since you didn't read the new TOS when they were issued, you might not get a refund since it was legally taken with your permission. There is a line in the email that says "If you do not wish the auto renew to affect you at the end of your current subscription. Please log into your account and turn off auto renew to stop it from renewing."