Norton Anti Virus Annual Renewal / fraudulent billing

I found Norton's Anti Virus to be inadequate, so I switched to another company. In the meantime, Norton has continued to automatically bill my checking account event without my authorization. Every year, they bill my account. Every year I ask the bank to reverse the charge. Every year I call Norton and they promise not to do it again.

I believe that Norton is running a fraudulent billing scam.

Does anyone know what governmental agency will handle this matter in California?

Sounds like a class action lawsuit for some attorney.

Comments

• Ga
      6th of Dec, 2008
    Norton Anti Virus Annual Renewal - cc unauthorized billing
    Norton 877-294-5265 ca
    102 Fox Glove Run
    New Jersey
    Phone: 732-216-6344

Received Norton anti virus renewal for a computer that no longer works at my new home address. The renewal is unauthorized and must be illegal to bill former customers for computer software services for a non existent computer.

Sincerely,

Gail Kostolansky

• Pk
      14th of Jun, 2009

CON CONSUMER AND GET RICH

many anti virus companies are making their own virus and and sending them through hackers. And later on they cure it with their package. Some companies all and sudden stop updating. When the customer reports about this their agent comes and tells you that due to some defect in computer it has been corrupted. So you have to go for the new version by paying an inflated amount.There are companies who do not have the annual renewal system. But their marketing partners charge annual renewal fees which is against the basic principles of the mother company. The after sale service of most Anti-virus companies specially in India is simply disastrous.
    There is no corporate ethics, swindling is the basic agenda. There has to be some regulatory authority to monitor these unethical and criminal practices. In my view the company against whom a defined number of customer complains are lodged and the company does not respond to that WWW/GOOGLE/YAHOO /NETSCAPE should ban them remove them under the charge of unethical commercial practices
    P.K.Pattnaik