Norton 360 / stopping 60 days free trial

I never wanted to try Norton 360, but I got a brand new computer, and it wouldn't continue if I didn't try Norton 360. I wanted to cancel my free 60 day trial. I finally found a way to cancel these services by this email. It hasn't been the full 60 days. I don't want to be charged. I did everything to try to cancel, but the cancellation would not go through. This is my email to contact me for confirmation that the cancellation went through for my own records. Your website for Norton 360 makes it hard to cancel services. On the site it does not have anything that shows that you can cancel.

Comments

• Mo
      4th of Nov, 2008

free nothan 360

• Ca
      18th of Feb, 2010

I agree it was very sketchy how difficult they make it. On their site once you do drill down and manage to find some text about how to cancel, instead of telling you the steps it says to follow the directions you received in your order confirmation email. Why they can't just reiterate it there is so stupid, because this is what the email says:

1. click here to go to the order status page. (the URL is: https://shop.symantecstore.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayOrderStatusPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=symnahho&ThemeID=106300)
    2. Login using either your Order Number and password or e-mail address and the last five digits of your credit card.
    3. Press the “Find Your Order” button to view the product to cancel.
    4. Go to the bottom of the page and click the “Cancel your Order” button.
    5. You will then see a Web page confirming your cancellation.

It's really quite simple once you have the above instructions, and they could have put this on their website as well, but I think they unfairly make it difficult so it's too difficult/time consuming to cancel.

• Bi
      27th of Apr, 2011

I tried Norton from http://www.norton-security-store.com/norton-free-trials.html and had no trouble. I tried Norton Internet Security first, uninstalled it, and then got Norton AntiVirus. If you have a problem with getting Norton off your computer, they offer a free removal tool that can be downloaded from Symantec: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN&ln=en_US