Nokia Yearly Promotionlottery scam

At about 05h51 on 04 september 2010 I received an sms ssaying:
"congratulations!! Your no. Was among the lucky winners on the nokia yearly promotion. You won, r250, 000. Ticket no. 0166p. Call your claim agent mr maurice anderson on [protected]. For your cash prize immediately from 08 am to 60 pm. "

This sms was sent from a cellular number [protected]. Both these numbers are active. What alerted me to a possibility of ascam is that:
1. I do not use a nokia cellular phone;
2. I have not entered an lottery competitions; and
3. The sms contains numerous grammatical, spelling and poor writing skills errors.

In south africa we have a rica legislation that requires all cellular phone numbers to be registered. Can then these cellular phone numbers not be traced to their registered owners to prosecute these fraudsters. Secondly, to establish as well how do they get access to the contact details of recipients of these devious sms.

Comments

• Pa
      Mar 01, 2011

I have also received a sms saying that I have won R95 000 from Nokia Promotions. They asked me to buy aitrtime for R180-00 and send the pin numbers to them. Stupid fool as I am I did it and gave them also my bank details to pay the money over. They then asked me to deposit R2345 into their acount to get my money. I smell a rat and went to the internet to check and saw it was a scam. The telephone number are [protected] and [protected]. This is big crooks and should be brought to justice. Celia South Africa