Nokia N72 / manufacturing defects

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased one nokia handset from nokia priority dealer (punjabi bagh, new delhi) in the month of november 2006, model: n72 black color after couple of days my handset started giving me problems like whenever I talk to someone voice brakes or sometimes I couldn't hear other party or they can't hear my voice I did visit nokia service centre in naraina. after dialing some numbers and checking my phone they mentioned there is no problem now till today my complaint has not been resolved and my handset is not working properly it has same voice issues.

Now after spending such an heavy amount this is what I am getting and on top of it, it's so inconvinient to visit nokia dealers and leaving my phone with them every time.

I don't have an extra handset how would I work if I give my handset to them for repairing and why would I get this machine repaired if it has a problem.

Do not buy nokia mobiles, they are defective!

Comments

1st of Nov, 2006
    Nokia 3250 - Manufacturing defects
    India

I am using your platform to put my concern after getting shocked treatment from three nokia care centers india esp. nokia care jayanagar,Bangalore i am forced to write this complaint.

I have nokia customer from 2002, and very much happy with nokia products and even recommend other to go for only nokia phone, but my perception is totally changed now, I have purchased new nokia 3250 on 2 sep 2006. After 1 months i faced problem that my phone is not getting charge, i have shown that phone to local nokia care, they have tried their best and told me gently that because of unavailability of spares they can't repair this.

after that i have contacted nokia bangalore, they took two days and even after my mobile is not working and they insist that i will go to headoffice of nokia and get my mobile repair from there only as it's manufacturing defect and behave very arrogantly, even he refused to give customer reciept by giving excuse that sir we are not allowed to give Receipt, only after heated arugument he has given delivery note, which doesn't contain any IMEI, my job sheet is JS 032434038/061027/19.

After that i lost complete trust in NOKIA.

• Ab
      3rd of Jan, 2007

Hi all, I am using n72. the complaint is when i get sms/incoming call its vibration continuously working! It works until i restart it. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? thanks in advance...bye.

15th of Jan, 2007

In general i am just disgusted on the quality of some of the new phones that they have released. Take the N73 for example, all it ever does is crash, it takes about a minute to open any application or programme. I'm struggling to complain direct to nokia as there isn't a complaints website.

• Ni
      25th of Jan, 2007

I bought a nokia N72 mobile on 20-01-2007 and i found on the same day the phone had a manufacturing defect, there are 4 different problems, even after complaining to the service center there is no proper response. Didn't expect this kind of service from nokia.

• Ki
      5th of Apr, 2007

I had purchased a n72, dated 24/10/06 from telephone shoppee, pune. At present i am in bangalore, the phone is not getting charged. On checking the charger thru a multimeter its giving the necessary output... Also had given it at the nokia priority centre at koramangala, bangalore, where they checked it and said that there's no problem in the charger n the battery... He says that water is there in it... But i know that the charging point is not functional... On asking to check that he says it his job of what is to be done, he was also not ready to give a photograph showing water in the mobile...

The problem started on sunday... I had kept it on charging as only 3 bars were indicating. It charged up till the 6th baar, but didn't move further till the final bar... I assumed that the charger was not functional.. I used the mobile till monday morning. My brother is an electronics engg, working in r&d, so on checking thru the multimeter , one came to know that the charger was working. N yesterday, the service centre confirmed about the same and also said that the battery is ok. But he saying that the phone is faulty and that water is there in it is totally baseless nad it is just a way of making money by fooling customers as the mobile is in warranty. I had taken the mobile bcos it was a nokia and a the brand was enough, but if this is the situation regarding the service and the treatment given by the people at the service centre is pathetic, no co-operation. We r the customers not slaves or dependent on nokia for everything, sorry to say that but that was the treatment given.

This has definitely put a negative impact on my thinking towards nokia mobiles. I can prove that the mobile is functional, but i dont know whether i can do that. I am sure that if i put another n72 battery, it will work. I m damn sure about it, but i dont know whether it is allowed.

19th of Oct, 2009