Nokia Mobile Lottery / fraud

1 Malta Review updated:

Hi i'm from malta and i'm 23 years old, just to say to people to be aware, because I received a message on my mobile that I won the nokia mobile lottery of 500, ooo pounds ! I contacted them by email and told me that I should go to the uk to get the prize or pay courier services ! I knew it was a fraud : imagine if I went to the uk, they would use me for human trafficking for sure ! This is what they sent me when I replied :

2nd march, 2010.

Congratulations, this is to inform you that the verification and validation of your personal information was successful. You have been approved by the nokia mobile promotion board to claim your prize. Please note that you will be required to come to the united kingdom personally to claim your prize from our headquarters or you will have to employ the services of one of the international courier companies below to deliver your prize which consist of a certified bank cheque of & pound;500, 000.00 (Five hundred thousand pounds) issued out in your name.

If you cannot afford to come to the united kingdom in two working days time, you will be required to employ the service of one of the courier companies below and please be informed that you will be required to pay for the cost of delivery.
Note: that you are advised to choose the option that you can afford to pay for.

Delivery options
Please indicate the courier service convenient for you

Dhl

Mailing fee 400gbp

ups

72 hours delivery
Mailing fee 300gbp

Please get back to me with the courier company that you have chosen and I will inform you on how to go about making the required payment for the option you have chosen.

Regards,

Mr. Williams moris
Phone : +[protected]
Email: info@e-nokiaweb.com
Email: enokia@admin.In. Th
Copyright & copy;2010 nokia. All rights reserved.

So

Comments

• Sh
      5th of Aug, 2009
    Nokia Mobile Lottery - They are at it again
    New Zealand

I was lucky enough to get a text from these people, but before parting with my money, did a search online. Beware people they are at it again!!!

16th of Mar, 2010

Hi there,

Even I received, this morning the 16th of March. Same message. Obviously I would really like to have 500, 000, but usually you can't find these growing on trees :-D

I'm in Malta too, so there might be other Maltese who received it too. Too bad if they decide to use the courier!
    With 500GBP you could get a 40 foot container from England right to your door step, not a piece of paper!

Watch out Maltese People!

Noel