Nokia / problem with handset replacement!

1 India Review updated:

I had brought an handset 6681 in month of March 2006. After using for 2-3 months I found that my handset was hanging frequently then on one day its keypad was not working, then on 10/08/2006 I visited their service center at Green park New Delhi, My Handset was taken for repairs job number is [protected] and they told they will give it back in a week time. Next Week I had been told that my handset was irreparable and we will swap your handset in 10 days time. Till Date I haven't received my handset every time I call the service center they tell it will take another one week for replacement. Regarding this I Had logged a complaint in Nokia but no I got no result from that Reference Number for the same is 2-1GSTZ7. This type of services are never expected by me with Nokia, I am also planning for registering complaint in Consumer court regarding the services.

Comments

• Su
      26th of Sep, 2006

I have nokia 6600 .Its has kepad problem and i submit it bhopal nokia care centre on 26 july.and on 27th july they said the set will send to delhi to repair.and i agree with that .

And on 30 th july they call to me that your set will have to replace and it want more time may be maximum 45 days.
    I again say ok.

But now 26 th september they again say it will take more time because delhi centre have not any nokia 6600 new set to replace your set. Sir i get really frustrated from this scenerio.From more than 2 month i have not any set and my all work are affected from this.

If there is limit of 45 days to replace and why it getting late.and whenever i call to nokia care centre they commit me that plz. call next week.

• Pr
      3rd of Oct, 2006

I had purchased a Nokia Set Model No. 1110 (Mobile No.: 9828412336) from Udaipur (Rajasthan) on 3rd September, 2006. It got out of order just after 15 days from date of Purchase. Then I gave the set to Nokia Care Centre (Shop Name: PARAGON, Location: Udiapol, Udaipur) fro repairing on 20th September, 2006.

I am continuously going there and asking them, but they are not responding. They are saying that one part is to be come from Jaipur. I cann't believe that any part from Jaipur can take more than 3 days to come to udaipur. This may please be noted that 13 days has already been passed and still my Set is lying with Nokia Care and till date the Part has not come from Jaipur. Now they are saying that The Set has to be sent to Jaipur and it will take another 10 days.

I am facing a lots of Problems since i purchased a new Handset.

• Ra
      27th of Nov, 2006

This is to inform you that my Nokia Handset 6270 have been gone in the repairs 3 times continuously in last 20 days for blank display problem. This problem occurs when ever I switch on the set.

Firstly the handset was submitted on 10th November 2006 (Job Sheet no. 1200145725) and got it back on 18th November 2006. BUT the handset was still having same problem. It was not repaired at all.

I again submitted the set then and there on 18th November 2006 (Job Sheet no. 1200146790) with the returning date as 20th November 2006 but the set was delivered on 26th November 2006 after a DELAY of 6 days from the promised date.
    BUT with in 24 hours of getting it back I again got the same blank display problem in the handset and I have submitted it on 27th November 2006 for the same problem.

I have already faced a lot of inconvenience as my business requires a lot of client communication.

Model No. Nokia 6270

+919868516952

• Na
      8th of Jan, 2007

Hand set Replacement-
    I had brought an hand set 6233 in month nov. 2006. After using 2 or 3 days i found that my hand set was Auto off, then on 21-11-06 I visited your service center at M S MAROO TRADING PVT LTD ,1 Town hall Udaipur. My hand set was taken for repairs as per job sheet no. 17-21/11/06. After repair I received set on 29/11/06. After using 2 or 3 days same problem rises i.e. Auto off. Again I visit your care & set was taken for repair jaipur on 08/12/06 as per job sheet no. 12-08/12/06. Up to 21/12/06 I have not received set then I went to care & found that set body broken & scratches on steel plate of camera. I refused to take set. I had been told that change my set . Till the date I have not received the set. I had logged a complain in nokia DELHI as per complain no. 2-1R1 NBN but no result. I am also planning for registered a complaint in consumer court regarding services.
    IMEI No. - 359727002720329
    Ph. no. 0294- 2425621

• Ra
      9th of Jan, 2007

Respected Sir,
    I bought Nokia 3230 on 13.05.2006 at the cost of 10800.But it is giving lots of problem since 12.09.2006.so i submitted it few times for repairing
    1. Everest (kolkata ) job no- 12.09 .06- 27.09.06
    2 Risu Tell (kolkata) Job No-2359 30.10.06-30.10.06
    3. '' job no-2404 2.11.06-2.11.06
    4. '' job no-2576 16.11.06-16.11.06
    5. '' job no-2598 17.11.06-9.12.06
    6. '' job no-2969 15.12.06-2.1 .07.06
    7. Bright point India Pvt Ltd (kolkata) Job no-K0L0054009
    From 05.01.2007
    .Now it is under repairing.For this i have to face lots of problem since 3.5 month .I have missed so mant interview.I am unable to make contact with my relative .For this i have buyed Samsung set with so many economical problem.
    Please try to replace the set by N-72 for that i am ready to give extra money
    I will be gratefull you allot me the permission

15th of Jan, 2007

I had brought a Nokia handset 6030 in month of May 2006. After using for 1-2 months I found that my handset was switch off not working, then on 26/010/2006 I visited Nokia service center at kolhapur {maharastra} psk nokia care. My Handset was taken for repairs and they told they will give it back in a one to half month time. Next after they had been told that my handset was irreparable and we will swap your handset in 10 days time. Till Date I haven't received my handset. Every time I call the service centre they tell it will take another one week for replacement. This type of services are never expected by Nokia, I am also planning to register complaint in Consumer court regarding the services.

15th of Jan, 2007

I purchased a nokia n72 from karnal on 9/1/07 i found problem on 10 that my my phone is restarting after every 10-15 mins on 11 i take it to the nokia care nehru palace karnal they sad that your set can be exchanged by your dealer because fault had arisen before 48 hours of purchase then with all things i made it return to mahesh trading co. Nehru palace karnalthey did'nt give me any job sheet when i asked for job sheet then they sad there is no job sheet for such problems then i sad ok and they sad collect your new phone in 24 hours now till i did not receive any mobile. Do not trust this liars!

• Vi
      7th of Feb, 2007

I have purchased Nokia Mobile (Model 6030) from Sehgal Mobile House, Shop No. 5, 1st Floor, Opp. Telephone Exchange, Kapurthala (Shop Phone: 01822-509993, Mobile No. 98154-80993) on 2nd Feb., 2007. But on very next day of purchase (3rd Feb. 2007) the LCD screen of mobile shows a permanent line in the middle of the screen. This is a manufacturing fault in LCD screen. I inform all this to Sehgal Mobile House on 4th Feb. 2007 but they refer me to Nokia Service Centre, Jalandhar, as they provide all the services regarding all such faults.

I don’t want to repair my mobile because I have purchase it two days ago and it gets faulty. Why I get repaired phone at the same price.

Nokia is branded company but I am sorry to say that the quality of product is poor. Don't buy Nokia products!

4th of May, 2007

Actually I purchased NOKIA -6275 CDMA in feb 2007.But after a4 or 5 days its started showing problem related to Memory Card. My handset problem is, it disconnects automatically.After restarting the mobile again its shows MMC for 5-7 min and again loose connection. I went to Brightpoint nokia care, Okhla about 6 times but my problem is not solve. They always take it and return it after 5 days. Over 3 weeks my phone was in Brightpoint, Okhla. I told them to change my handset.But they dont do this.

I am fully disagree with this behavior of NOKIA as well as of Brightpoint, Okhla. Now If anybody has any solution please mail me at my (EMAIL ID-chinamaykumar@yahoo.co.in)

• Hu
      24th of May, 2007

Hi,

I'm from pakistan i bought nokia 6270 in april 2006 but it create trouble after some time now its transmeter isn't working i send it for repair but it doesn't work this happened second time before this i bought nokia 2300 the system of 2300 hanged with in 3 months i always buy nokia series with this trust that these cell phones are best but i think your company is going down in maintaining quality.

• Ab
      27th of May, 2007

Re: Nokia

These in reference of repairing of my mobile phone nokia 5300, I have purchased the handset on 03/01/07 from Reliable Telecom add:51, Chintamoney Dey Road Howrah-1.

My handset started gave first problem on 16/04/07 problem deteced was No incoming Audio & I was not able to hear ring tones. According your authorized service center M/s Vision care address-1/1 hardatrai chamaria rd howrah. After servicing I have received handset on 24/04/07,at that time the above stated problems were solved.

After few days I found a new problem my phone switches off automatically & the same old problem I was not able to hear ring tones. I took back handset to M/s Vision Care he took the handset on 11/5/07 & returned me after 12 days on 23/05/07.

Again I am facing the same problem after 5 days of receiving set from you my phone goes off & sound is cracking while I am listening music. Is these the standard & quality of Nokia phone then I don’t need it. Which your are selling as Music Express Phone. Which now days I am not able to use which lies in your service centres maximum days.

Can you pls do me a favor kindly take my handset back I am no more interested to use Nokia phones,My friends are using Sony music series its working fine,why will I use Nokia. Kindly take the handset & refund my money which I have paid while purchasing Rs-11200/-.

Regards
    e-mail-newlite25@yahoo.co.in

• Md
      9th of Jun, 2007

Re: Customer Care Nokia

I am Md. Tauseef Hussain. And in the month of NOVEMBER 2006 I purchased one NOKIA N72 mobile. While I was taking this mobile i was very much excited about the product that you have launched. I have only one question if some body is paying you Rs. 15000 from his pocket then you need to suggest him the right product.

After taking N72 of Nokia i got very much frustrated. And frankly speaking I am not satisfied with the quality of this Mobile. Battery backup is really worst. Its very difficult for me to carry the charger everyday here and there.

So please suggest me the best way how can I replace this cell. Because its in WARRANTY PERIOD. these days i got shifted to KOLKATA. And please send me the name of the care center in kolkata NEAR by CHANDNI CHAWK where I can go and submit my cell and paper. And I am not asking you to return back the money I am just requesting you to please on the same amount you can replace this cell or provide me some other option.

Please look into the matter and do the needful for me its a humble request.

Thanks & Regards
    #09903712245

• Is
      13th of Sep, 2007

Hello,

I bought a Nokia N76, about six weeks ago. I bought it after all the hype surrounding the product. I came to realise later that the phone is a crap. The phone started giving problem right from the time I bought it. It repeatedly shuts off. I have to charge batteries 2-3 times per day. Now about 15 days ago, the display totally went out of order. So I took it to the service center in Salt Lake Kolkata. My job worksheet number is 351343506/070903/6. As of today, after almost two weeks, I have not got back my set. The service center keeps telling me to come back this day or that day. They said they cannot repair it, so the company will replace the set. But they are saying it take more than a week before the company will replace the set. Nokia is simply cheating people and taking Indian people for a ride. They dare not do this in USA or Europe.
    I am seeking back my money. I have been using mobile phones for more than ten years, never face this problem. If Nokia don't solve this problem immediately, I will have to take you to court which will be followed by media awareness on how Nokia is taking people in India for a ride.

• Va
      25th of Sep, 2007

Respectes sir,
    I purchased Nokia N - 76 from Digicom Treade Link , Ahmedabad on 20.6.07, My invoice No. is RC078 and Amt . 20050/- My IMEI code is 35395401072008. Job Card No 018434038/070726/16. I have lots of problem with me hand set. y instrumenet is hanging very frequently more than ten times a day. Option is not that I remove the battery from hand set and then again put the battery in handset. then only my handset got start. I am businessman and my mobile is 24x 7 contineously working. Due to your faulty and defactive piece my business is too much suffer I can not receive incoming calls due to hanging problem of handset. One more thing related to my handset is that it is my wife's demand to purchase and she feeling very upseting after purchasing the said phone. So I suffer financially, economically and emotionally also. Your compay is such a big or reputed company . I mail to your nokia care centre also. I mail to your customer centre lots of times but there is no positive resuts . I am not satisfied with your customer care so I approach you.
    so please try to slove my problem at your level as soon as possible.
    Thanking you
    vandana amin

• As
      18th of Oct, 2007

I had brought an handset N72 in month of July 2007. After using for 1-2 months I found that my handset was hanging frequently then on one day its keypad was not working, then on 22/09/2007 I visited their service center at A-78,sector-2 Noida, My Handset was taken for repairs job number is 1200201425 and they told they will give it back in a week time. Next Week I had been told that my handset was irreparable and we will swap your handset in 10 days time. Till Date I haven't received my handset every time I call the service center they tell it will take another one week for replacement. This type of services are never expected by me with Nokia, I am also planning for registering complaint in Consumer court regarding the services.

• Ku
      18th of Nov, 2007

I am extremely dissatisfied with your service for my Nokia phone 7500 Prism. This is one of the worst phone I have ever used manufactured by Nokia. Nokia's commitment towards standby time up to 250 hrs and talk time 2.8 hrs is absolutely false statement. I had given the phone for repair to your Care centre and was subsequently sent to HO Chennai for observations. The workmanship is extremely poor and the problem on fast battery drainage still persists.

Kunal Chatterjee
    18th Nov-07
    Chennai

• Pi
      19th of Nov, 2007

NOKIA 6300
    Model: 358647/01/609822/6
    BL-4C, Battery 20 digit code: 07072209163475783215

I bought above reference mobile handset from (Grameen Phone center) Nokia authorized retailer shop on October 16, 2007 with 1-year warranty card from Dhaka, Bangladesh. This set is “MADE BY NOKIA”. From first day of purchase, I find low battery/battery drains fast and I gave my set to NOKIA CARE on Oct 22nd address as below:

NOKIA CARE Address
    Mobile Technic (BD) Ltd.
    Prince plaza, 5th floor, 4/2 Sobhanbag, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207
    WORK ORDER # DHK1033772

After repair they back to my set on Oct 30, 2007 but they either cant solve battery problem and not change my battery. But in work order during back handset to me they mentioned that handset returned in good condition. I check battery through www.nokia.com/batterycheck to put 20 digit code of battery, and find above battery is invalid code.

Finally back & forth several time they replace new battery on November 8, 2007 (New battery code: 07040701127504160866) but still I have problem with battery, within 7 hour of recharge battery it becoming low battery signal.

For your information, I only use my handset just to receive / send calls, I don’t have any games, songs, video clips or other software which use may cause battery problem.

Please advise what I do with this handset

Awaiting for reply,
    Best regards,
    Pintu
    Cellular # +88 01819 280548
    Dhaka, Bangladesh.
    November 20, 2007

• Al
      29th of Dec, 2007

I am very disapointed with Nokia such a big corporation without 24 hour service in Malaysia.I bought a N81 recently and the machine is so frigile and software jam up.I cant on at all.so I try to contact Nokia service centre with anxious to know what is happening to the phone.However, cant get any assistant at this hour.
    I hope Nokia Service Centre should at least has a HELPLINE of 24 hour service in Malaysia.Is the trust we buy Nokia phone.Hope action should be consider on 24 hour service line in Malaysia.

• Ce

1st of December after few days I found technical problem in the mobile so
    gave for the servicing two time in nokia care center on 18Th & 23rd of
    January respectively.On 24Th of January I made a call to customer complain
    for my mobile status he said that I'll get my mobile on 5Th of February
    and i went there on this date and he said that it is still in pending and
    also said that my mobile will be replaced and said it will take more time i was calling many times but they were fail to tell me my mobile status This type of services are never expected by me with Nokia, I am also planning for registering complaint in Consumer court regarding the services and tell about this in media

Job sheet Number 108434038/080123/31
    IMEI No 356440013197460
    Product code 054478
    Thanking You
    Youmit Singh
    Mobile No +919450735057
    F-103/1 IIT Kanpur (U.P.)
    India