Having problems with Mobicel?

Mobicel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 3, 2015. The latest review Zoom tablet was posted on Sep 23, 2021. The latest complaint Mobicel tablet Zoom Gold was resolved on Aug 13, 2021. Mobicel has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 103 reviews. Mobicel has resolved 80 complaints.

Mobicel Customer Service Contacts

+27 115 413 300 (Help Center)
+27 115 413 500 (Reception)
Midrand, Johannesburg
Gauteng
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mobicel Customer Service. Initial Mobicel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mobicel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mobicel. Discuss the issues you have had with Mobicel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mobicel Complaints & Reviews

MobicelZoom tablet

Device keeps switching off even though it still has between 70 & 80 percent battery power. It will not switch on again until plugged into the charger.

I am a pensioner & have recently had an operation to remove cancer. I have to go for treatment once a week & need a reliable phone. There are no charging facilities at the hospital & I cannot carry on with a phone that dies & will not switch back on.

I would appreciate some assistance in sorting this matter out. The device is not old, it was purchased last year in July.

Linda Roy
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

Kindly take the device back to the store of purchase as it's out of warranty.
      They will book in for assessment as soon as it's received, we will advise you accordingly.

MobicelMobicel tablet Zoom Gold

I have had Mobicel Zoom tablet now only 6 months - working fine no problems but it just turns off by it self with out any warning - it still has lots battery power - the only way to get it started is to plug in charger - when I plug in to charge it shows like 80% battery power left - I have to restart and it then works - until it just go off again - and the whole process start over - I cannot work with it and it just go blank all the time

• Mobicel's response · Aug 13, 2021

Dear Valued Client

kindly take your device back to the store of purchase, they will book it in for assessment.
        we apologize for the inconvenience.

MobicelMobicel phone R7

I bought a phone lest than a year ago at The Fix shop in Hermanus Whale Cost Mall. The phone is slow and the battery does not last even 5 hours before I need to recharge again. I use the phone for work purpose and it frustrate me. I wasted my money on this phone. Very unhappy about the performance of the phone. What will you do about this. Can this phone be replace. The sound volume also not working. I must use earphones if I want to speak answering phone calls of video call.

• Mobicel's response · Jul 30, 2021

Hi Ashley

Kindly return your device back to the store of purchase, they will book it in for assessment then our technical team will advise us accordingly. we apologize for the inconvenience.

MobicelStorage space running out

The mobicel astro device with me has an error when it comes to storage. My device has a 2gb internal storage because of it I had to delete important documents in favour of new important documents. I decided to buy a 4gb sandisk to compensate for the lost documents and try increasing the space but however the internal storage keeps sending notifications of storage space running out. What is this as I cant use my phone due to this notifications? I also dont have any apps downloaded except for whatsapp.

Hi Rebecca

One of our call centre agents will be in touch to advise you accordingly.

Hi Rebecca

Kindly advise us of a convenient time to contact you as we cannot get through, your device is off.

2 Responses
          • Je
            Jessica20 Aug 12, 2021

Good day,
            I have the same phone, with the same problem. The notifications keep coming through that my storage is running low on my phone. I deleted all my videos and pictures already, but it still tells me the same thing.
            I bought a sandisk to make up for storage, but to my dismay I was still stuck with this problem. I had to delete my wattsapp, but still nothing. I am really frustrated as wattsapp is my way of communication with friends & family on a daily basis.

PLEASE HELP!!

Jessica

• Mo
            MOBIsquad Aug 12, 2021

@Jessica20 Hi Jessica

Kindly take your device back to the store of purchase, they will book it in for assessment.

MobicelSlow phone

This phone is so slow I cannot believe it. Opening Google take a whole minute, I can't download anything without the app being slow. It makes me angry that you even decided to produce such a trash phone and the battery life is even worse, I usually get 4 hours of battery life and if I'm lucky 6. This is a waste of money and would not recommend anyone to buy this phone

Dear Valued Client

Kindly return your device back to the store of purchase, they will book it in for assessment.

MobicelA3Core

Can you please assist me, I filed a complaint with you on the 25th of June and on your reply I saw that you gave a number of a person I'm supposed to contact but now on the space where there's supposed to be a number it's written (protected), can you please assist me on how I get this number as I would like to get access, it will be helpful to have.

• Mobicel's response · Jun 29, 2021

Hi Boniwe

It means the complaints board hid the number for security reasons.
                The new device was dispatched yesterday. You should receive it latest by tomorrow.
                Please let me know when you receive it.

MobicelA3Core

Can you please assist me with the where abouts of the cellphone A3Core that was sent to you by Finrite Game as their supplier due to it not charging on the 25th of March 2021, I never got help from the last time I wrote a complaint to you, everytime I phone I'm being sent from pillar to post.Can you please make it clear for me if you still have it or

• Mobicel's response · Jun 25, 2021

Hi Boniwe

Please accept our sincere apologies regarding your Finrite device.
                  Kindly note that it is still under investigation as it was lost while in transit(Courier hijacked) however your device will definitely be replaced. You may contact the relevant person who will be able to assist you direct on [protected] Mohsin. we apologies for the inconvenience.

Respond

MobicelMobicel berry 2 is not switching on but charging with red light in showing it is charging

The Mobicel berry 2 is no longer switching on but when put on the charger it shows it is charging by the red light and doesn't vibrate nor light on the screen...before it became like this it would just show some colours on the screen when on a phone call or if it becomes hot or when trying to switch it on...and I've used it for 7 months starting from mid September 2020 until late April 2021.

• Mobicel's response · Jun 08, 2021

Dear Seipati

Kindly take your device back to the store of purchase, they will send it in for assessment.
                    It will be fixed under warranty provided it has no physical or liquid damage.

MobicelCellphone

I would like to get help with my cellphone that is insured with Finrite Game that was sent back to you on the 25th of March as their supplier because it was not charging, now when I phone to ask how far is the fixing I'm told Mobicel never give them feedback, Claim number is GMCML83298, , my number is [protected] you can contact me with feedback as I would like to know what happened with the phone.

• Mobicel's response · Jun 07, 2021

Hi Boniwe

we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience.
                      Our relevant team will contact you regarding this matter.
                      Please advise once it has been resolved.

• Updated by Boniwe Nyongo · Jun 17, 2021

I never got any feedback yet of what happened to the phone even today, I would like to know what is taking so long.

MobicelProduct

Last year June 2020 I bought a mobicel fame at R799 after using it for six months I decided to keep it for five months or so. I switched it off and when I am opening it. The pattern that I used to close it is no longer working. why? and when I tell people they told me that it is how mobicel are.

I do not want to take my phone to these African guy to open it cause it's new. how do I get the pattern that mobicel installed in my phone

• Mobicel's response · Jun 03, 2021

Dear Valued Client

Kindly be advised that Mobicel does not put any pattern on our products.
                        Please call our call center customer care number or alternatively provide us with your contact so that you can be assisted in resetting the device.

MobicelPathetic Product / Service provided

I paid for my son's phone, I begged for service from Mobicell, 2 month after we were only assisted on how and are where to hand the device in………. after several calls and emails weeks passed by we eventually received the quote, then the quote was wrong, then we were forced to pay for your mistake and now the phone is missing!!! 5 Months after the nightmare began……

• Mobicel's response · May 06, 2021

Hi Minette

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
                          As per our communications with you, Your son's device was booked with us direct from the supplier hence it was sent back there. We are awaiting feedback from the supplier to advise us when they will dispatch it back to the store then advise you accordingly.

MobicelMobicel C1

Brought a mobicel c1 and the battery is so useless to a point of it needs to be charged everyday and i don't receive nor make calls often on the device..i took it back to Ackerman's and it was sent for repairs and to my surprise it didn't even take 5days it was back but still experiencing same thing no i don't know what to do because i see sending it back will be another waste of my time

• Mobicel's response · Apr 06, 2021

Hi Gugu

we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience.
                            Kindly provide us with your contact details for prompt & efficient assistance as we need IMEI of this device or you can alternatively send us an email with your IMEI number and attention it to Thembi. I will assist you acccordingly.

MobicelCellphone

Hi my name is Nosipho i had a problem with my phone that i bought last year October, early February i took it back to the store where i bought it, it has a problem when you turn it on it only Vabrates. Now it came back and that problem has been fixed, now what am dealing with it does not take my sim card... It shows no network, or emergency call only. My phone is Mobicel, model: titan please contact me
                          My e-mail address: [protected]@gmail.com

Hi Nosipho

Kindly note that your email address is protected we are unable to view it.
                              Please call us on the numbers that are on the business card that you found in the box or send us an email to the email address that is also on the box for prompt & efficient assistance. we apologies for the inconvenience.

MobicelMobicel clik

Bought a mobicel Clik on the 24tg of December and it is very slow and not efficient. We have tried getting assistance from the store and we where told that the 7days grace period has passed and we cannot get it exchanged or returned as we cannot do anything on the phone. Does not even open a simple application like SHARE IT, when opening up any other application it takes ages to open up. How can we get assistance?

Hi Mama Rea

Kindly take it back to the store of purchase, they should call us to book it in for assistance.
                                If they are not willing to assist you, please call us while you still in store and ask us to call you back.
                                we apologies for the inconvenience.

MobicelMobicel r1 plus

I bought mobicel r1 plus on march 2020 and the phone started giving me problems and I took the phone back to the store I bought it and they have booked it for repairs as it was technical problems, now i'm surprised as I have been asked to pay for repairs which is not physical damage. And I have been trying to contact mobicel with no luck.

Mobicel r1 plus

Hi Rotondwa

Kindly advise if you were assisted regarding the above as one of the call center agents contacted you.

MobicelExcite laptop

The laptop was having problems so I had to reset it but as I reset it could not boot so and as a result it always went to a blue screen it had this problem for about a week and when I fixed the problem through command prompt it for mated disk x. Then after this incident when it booted it went to UEFI built-in PowerShell when I pressed exit in the PowerShell like what a lot of people were doing it sent me to a firmware where I enabled gpti and after that when it was booting it was not showing the mobicel logo or even the battery logo when charging. Its now under black screen please help I live in Zimbabwe what can I do

• Mobicel's response · Feb 01, 2021

Dear Valued Client

kindly take your laptop to the store of purchase. They will book in for assessment.

MobicelMobicel excite laptop

My mobicelaptop is not starting. The problem that affects this neat pc is of the blackscreen. Unfortunately when I start it it's not displaying anything. This problem has been their for the last week and it is disturbing my mobicel experience which is something bad for the nice sabrand that's winni g the hearts of a lot of South Africans and abroad. So when I start the pc its blue lights are turning on to show that it's on but it's not displaying anything. Not even the mobicel logo, even when it charges its not showing the battery logo and its remaining in blackscreen mode please help me if they is any way I can fix it, if they is any key combination to fix it please tell me I need your assistance

1 Response

MobicelCell phone just stopped working.

Hi please help us my mom's carer bought herself a mobicell phone at foschini during last year. It has been fine! In december while she was here with my parents her phone literally jist went dead out of the blue. She thought it was flat so plugged it in. After charging it would still not turn on. She took it into the store she purchased it from amd there were lots of story. The phone is in a good condition except for a crack which has been there since sept! I told them it's not going in for the crack we will get to that it is going in to see why it suddenly stopped working! The phone was not dropped etc... The carer carries it in her uniform pocket except when in use. There has been no carelessness involved at all! The store tells me she has to pay for the screen plus 500 to send phone away at the end it will cost more than she paid for the phone!!! It's an absolute rip off!!! The lady then said she should just take it to one of these cheap shops to get fixed! This phone is still under warranty and she is still paying it off. Please assist us!

• Mobicel's response · Jan 21, 2021

Hi Dianne

Please note that crack on the device voided the warranty hence you were charged for the device to be fixed and also please note that they cannot fix any issue when the device has a crack on it. Kindly email us the device IMEI number on [email protected] and attention it to Thembi.

MobicelSoftware

I bought an excise laptop on 18 December 2020. I tried using the HDMI cable to connect to the tv. It wasn't working. So we did a reset it lost it operating system. Tried to load window 10 home with USB it lost all drivers. Did contact mobicell they sent drivers it didn't want to install. Speak to mobicell technician he told us to reset now it's stuck on blue screen saying please wait.

• Mobicel's response · Jan 14, 2021

Dear Valued Client

Kindly return it back to the store of purchase.
                                          They will book it in for assessment.
                                          we apologize for the inconvenience.

• Updated by Shai118 · Jan 20, 2021

I been in contact with some1 from mobicel by the name of Penny.It was a pleasure to make contact with Penny all emails sent to him were answered in 10 mins and followed with calls.I am highly impressed with the service that is given to me.Keep up the good work.And i will recommend Mobicel anyday.I was so upset about my laptop issue but Penny showed alot of interest in resolving the matter.Thanks

1 Response

MobicelRIO

I bought a mobicel rio from pepcel Fishhoek code 0361 and I wasn't told it's network locked. I asked after how long should I change the sim card to any network and I was told after 7 days l. After 7 days (last week Thursday I went to the shop only to find out that it's networked locked. I told the manager that I wasn't told that and she said her stuff are always right and I'm wrong. I called several times to customer care until I spoke to the manager Peter and they said I can't be helped. Is it a problem that I wasn't told that the phone is network locked because it wasn't even on the display at least to read for myself

• Mobicel's response · Dec 14, 2020

Dear Valued Client

Kindly email us on [email protected] or call us.
                                            we will provide you with the unlock code & you can use any network.
                                            Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.