Having problems with Mobicel?

+27 115 413 300 (Help Center)
+27 115 413 500 (Reception)
Midrand, Johannesburg
Gauteng
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mobicel.

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 28, 2020

Mobicel — Service at maponya mall

Good Day Sir/Madam, I hope you are well, On Monday 28th Sept at 14h57 I was at Maponya Mall Mr Price...

Sep 11, 2020

Mobicel — R7

I bought mobicell r7 in december 2019, and it gave me a problem in march 2020 so beacuse its was lock down...

MobicelAstro storage issues

I am using a mobicel astro and ever since I bought it ihave experience d storage issues. It says I have insufficient space when I have nothing downloaded and when the space has inexplicably run low I get this pop up window that says insufficient storage and when I try to free up space the window blocks me from cacceaing files to clear my storage. What's going on?

• Mobicel's response · Sep 02, 2020

Hi Tinka

Kindly advise if your complaint was resolved? If not please send us an email on [protected]@mobicell.co.za or provide us with your contact details for prompt and efficient assistance.

Team#MobiSquad

Aug 05, 2020

Mobicel — R6

Good day. My mobicel r6 touch-screen is giving me problems. It happened a few times already and I dont know...

Aug 02, 2020

Mobicel — Phone storage issues

In 2018 I purchased my child a Mobicel Astro. From the get go it was experiencing storage issues. We...

MobicelPhone 1 month old

My mobicel went of never wanted to go on charge nothing bought a new batry stil nothing lost my slilp now pep dont wane return it

MobicelMemory on my phone

Good day

Hope you are you are well.

I have a mobicel astro and it has been giving me problems I'm always getting a message saying I don't have enough space, I have deleted all the apps and pictures almost every thing and bought a memory card now I can't do anything because I keep on getting that screen message

Please assist urgently

Memory on my phone

• Mobicel's response · Apr 07, 2020

Dear valued client

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
          please send us an email on [protected]@mobicell.co.za or [protected]@mobicell.co.za for prompt & efficient assistance.
          we apologize for the inconvenience.

Mobicelthe mobicel stop working

i bought a new for 1 month &i switch off my mobicel blink due because it was slow & when i want restart it, it doesnt want to switch on anymore

• Mobicel's response · Apr 01, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
            Please note that we currently on national lock down due to Covid-19 as soon as operations resume kindly take it back to the store of purchase. They will book it in with us for assessment to be repaired.

Mar 16, 2020

Mobicel — Mobicel Primo

We bought the phone last year for my daughter . The phone started to brittle on its own along the side, it...

Mar 01, 2020

Mobicel — Mobicel blink

I bought the mobicel blink on 29 december 2019 was told dey stocked out n have the in display n its new, so...

Mobicelphone is freezing

Good day

I bought Mobicel R6 at Markham in Springbok on the 16 of Jan 2020 10 days later the phone is freezing, showing the wrong time and keep on popping up massages saying my apps are not responding without even opening them. it takes forever to open apps and when someone calls me it takes forever to show the caller which makes it hard for me to respond because the screen is black. I returned the phone and they said they phone will be returned in 2-4 weeks time, still sitting here without a phone, this is so frustrating. When they do return it whenever I have to sit with a repaired phone while I paid so much for a new phone.

• Mobicel's response · Feb 12, 2020

Dear Valued Client

Kindly accept our sincere apologies regarding your device.
              Please send us your IMEI on our email address which is [protected]@mobicell.co.za or call us on [protected] for prompt and efficient assistance or alternatively provide us with your contact detail.

Team#MoBISquad#

Jan 30, 2020

Mobicel — imei - imei: [protected] mobicel v4

I have a problem with my mobicel V4 bought 4 months back yesterday its started with not responding while I...

Jan 20, 2020

Mobicel — mobicel v4

The phone was switching on and off all the time Did a factory reset Worked for less than a month Stuck on...

Mobicelhigh data use

I have a Mobicel Astro, which I bought second-hand, and it is using a LOT of data for doing nothing - even just for running a USSD inquiry (i.e. to get a balance from the service provider) it uses 10 MB. This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I have turned off all the syncing settings, and the backup setting, and switched on the "data saving" mode, but still no diference. Also it is using a LOT of battery (this may be that the battery is old / not charging fully). I understand why someone sold this phone - at any price!

• Mobicel's response · Jan 20, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
                One of our highly trained agents will contact you shortly for prompt and efficient assistance.

Jan 14, 2020

Mobicel — mobicel trendy 2

Read the email for the whole story. I sent in my phone in the box as delivered to me for repair. It wa...

Jan 01, 2020

Mobicel — promotion complaint

Hi I will like to complain on Monday I was at the Durban beach blue lagoon some staff members were giving...

Dec 23, 2019

Mobicel — mobicell

I purchased a mobicell from pep and the screen went fuzzy the very next day after installing a few apps on...

Nov 27, 2019

Mobicel — astro

My mom got a new Mobicel Astro as a present about 2moths ago and right now it has stopped working, it...

Mobicelthe product is still under warranty and you want to still charge me

I bought the Mobicel Astro in July 2019 and the beginning of November it refused to switch on I return it to Pep cell where I bought it and now I receive an SMS to pay R 641.00 for the repairs, however I only paid 400 for the phone. and if I reject the repairs I still need to pay 250.00. What a rip off, this is day light robbery, When I called they told me the phone has liquid damage. The phone was never dropped in water, then they tel l me it could be stream or left in my pocket and the heat would cause liquid damage. So now that I refused to pay for the repair they are now sending it back to pep cell without it being repair. So disappoint with this company. and the worse apart was, the agent I spoke t on the 25/11/2019 around 12:05 who laughed at me when I complained. She felt that my complained was a joke. Mobicel your company is a joke for ripping off people like this. SO DISAPPOINTED, Mrs Naick, ref no.: 298275

• Mobicel's response · Nov 25, 2019

Dear Valued Client

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience regarding your device and what you experienced with one of our agents, that's unacceptable, she will be dealt with accordingly.
                  I asked Sarah to give you a call and explain to you that we will be sending your device back to the store unfixed .
                  Feel free to call me(Thembi) when you need more clarity on anything regarding this issue. You can ask to speak to me on the number you called us earlier on. Once again we are extremely apologetic regarding everything.

Team#MobiSquad#

Nov 05, 2019

Mobicel — my phone is not switching on, it's only a blank screen

My phone started having glitches around 10pm Tuesday 05 Nov and i decided to restart it just after midnight...