Nokia 6235 / phone returned unrepaired

1 India Review updated:

I am Prince Sethi and I am writing to you regarding a complaint that I am having since past few months with my Nokia 6235 phone. I purchased this phone in March 2006. It was just two months later that I started facing a problem with it. The joystick of the phone stopped working. I could not receive calls or read any message. My phone then started getting hanged in the middle of a call. I gave the phone for its repair in a Nokia Service center at west delhi , Vikas Puri. I was totally dissatisfied with the services as my phone was kept with them for around 10days and was given back to me without repair. I was told that the phone could not be repaired as the phone has been opened earlier and its software has been completely destroyed. I was also told that the phone is beyond a repair and incase I still want it to work, which is not possible then I need to show it at the main repair center which is at Okhla in the Okhla Industrial Area. My phone was returned back to me without being even touched once. I have the purchase order slip as well as the repair slip issued at the service center with me. My phone is still under warranty. If this is the kind of services that I will get from the Nokia service center after buying a Nokia product then I do not really understand for whom shall I expect help from? It was a new CDMA set and it suddenly stopped working. People at janak puri service center refused to even touch my phone saying they do not handle CDMA problems. Is that supposed to be my problem? At the time of purchase I was given a warranty letter stating services available incase of a break down. Now that I am asking for services I am being given reasons like my phone has been touched and properly fiddled with. I have got the phone checked at a Nokia Care Center which is the right place to be, but I still did not receive good services. Now my humble request from you is to kindly look into the matter and do the needful for it. Also please reply me and let me know to what step should I take next to get my phone back in its working condition as I have spent good amount of money to buy it and I would really appreciate if you could bring back my phone in its working state.

Regards
Prince Sethi

Comments

16th of Sep, 2006

This is not really good. nokia being such a big brand name is unsuccessful in satisfying its customers with their services. at the time of purchase they make such big promises of providing customer services but when it is the time to look into a matter, they back off. Why don't they remain on their words and be wise to their job? whenever we go to a market to buy a cell phone, nokia is the first name that comes in one's mind because of its brand and good will that it shares in the market but if these are the services that we get back from them, then one must think twice before opting for nokia. And being such a big operating organisation, why aren't the customer complaints handled on time? and then why should one buy a nokia phone if as a customer he is not taken care of. Nokia is known to be customer centric, then why this negligence? the complaints must be timely looked after and taken care of. being such a big company nokia must try their level ! best to avoid complaints. otherwise soon it cud effect their market value also.........

• As
      12th of Nov, 2007
    Nokia 6235 - Complaint about handing over the Defective Handset
    India

Sir, ,

It’s an issue of great concerned and shames that company like Nokia care acting like a street side shops. I have purchased one hand set of Nokia Model No 6235, from Tata teleservices Limited on dt 28/2/2007 vide Invoice No TTSL/DEL/PO/CON/6797
    .It is very sorry to say that from the day first, one function of the set i.e. extra Box function not working at all. In this regards I made several complaints and visited several times to Noika care centre.
    Finally on 30/8/2007 I returned back my set to noika care (Dexter digital Lab) with my all complaints. The Noika care centre didn’t take any action and unnecessary calling me as assuring that the problem is soughed out. But in actual grounds noting was soughed out. After my regular follow-ups one Old set was offered me in exchange, which was not acceptable to me.

Now after considering the all above facts, I presumed that company like NOKIA at lest deled with their customers with some regards and honesty. The company like Nokia has some reputation and I have full faith on that.

Kindly Change my handset and issue me a new handset with companions of Rs 10000/ for my mental harassment and problem which I have faced due to this entire episode. If the same is not considered within a week, than I have no other option but to move to Consumer forum to resolved my issue.

Thanking You

(Asha . Moble No 9250002538)