Nokia 5300 / white lies by nokia care centre

1 India Review updated:

I boubht my nokia5300 handset from nokia priority dealer in guwahati. After few months of using it develoed some problem in the display. I immediately took it to nokia care centre in city centre in kolkata and they sorted out the problem and returned the same to me within a few days. Every thing was going good when suddenly the same problem cropped again alonwith the automatic switching off the cell. As it was still under warrenty period I took to the main nokia care center in kolkata, the sakesphare sarani centre. They accepted the cell and isued me the jobsheet and said it would be returned within a few days. When on the assigned day i. E. , after 7 days I went to collect the cell htey said that they couldnot repair the cell because the cell has been tempered with. Iwas totaly shocked because it was the nokia centers with whom I have deposited my cell everytime for repair. So if it had been tempered with they were the one who had done the whole tempering. And while checking at the time of depositing the cell in the sakespare sarani they could not detect any tempering and it was in their custody then they are the one who have tempered with. I have not spoken with the bangalore center but after im done with that im going to lodge a case against them. I have already spoken with a leading law firm in kolkata and I m waiting for their instructions. Im really disgusted with the service of nokia care center.

Comments

Na
  14th of Jul, 2008

HI friends,

I want to share my experience with NOKIA cell phones with you and want to ALERT you regarding the drastic drop in it's quality in recent years.

The Nokia that once upon a time was famous for it's quality and thus managed to get a upper hand than other player is now not the same.

Here are my experiences and sure that I am not the only one:

1. I bought a Nokia 6670 and after 1 year it's keypad started giving some problem, I took it to NOKIA care ( bigest mistake) they told me that there was some problem with keypad and they fixed it and charged me around Rs 300 but after one week same problem came again and after a long struggle they were ready to repair the phone again but again the same thing and after 2 weeks it again had the same problem. I thought that Nokia care center has some problem and took it to different nokia care they charged me Rs 650 and told me that they have fixed the problem but after 1 week the phone again had the same problem and when I took it again they fixed it but again after 2 weeks that phone stopped working after that neither I had time nor money to spend so I decided to buy new phone. But the excellent care of Nokia care didn't stop here please keep reading.

2. I bought a Nokia 2626 and on the first day I found that the display had some problem and the dealer had replaced the phone (again the quality).

3. I got a replaced Nokia 2626 and it worked well for 2 months and after that suddenly one day it stopped working and when I gave it to dealer, after 3 weeks he informed me that it is water damage and said that Nokia is asking rs800 to repair the set but I am 100% sure that the phone never came in contact of water but still I though that set may have come in contact to sweat bc's I can't think of any other reason.
So I collected the set from dealer and gave it to Nokia care myself and after 3 weeks this is the reply that I got

"ELS failed.liquid log on system connector, INTER track MISSING, so not in warranty can't be repair so RWR"

I don't know how without anything the set came to this state and when first time nokia was ready to repair it for 800 how come second time it can’t be repaired. I am sure that now nokia care is full of incapable guys who has no or very minimum knowledge and I can't have more strength to be with nokia and switching to motorola.

In case you have any plan of buying a nokia phone I will suggest you to visit any nokia care shop and you will come to know about the customer’s frustration with the quality.

In case anyone knows about any legal possibility in this case and had such experience please let me know.

BYE BYE nokia and NOKIA CARE you SUCKS.

Naren

Th
  20th of Jul, 2008

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems you guys have been having, and but I am about to send off one of my phones to Nokia care in the UK, and I will let you folks know how the service is here. I seriously doubt it is any better since I know several people who purchased Nokia handsets in the last few years and had to send them back multiple times for repairs. The problems I am aware of happeed mainly with the N73, and some other Nokia Nseries phones that came out when the N73 was lauched. I think the problem with Nokia is that they chage premium prices for their phones but they rush their products to the market and a lot of the times the fault with their products is with either the system software, or just clumsy design.
In their defence, what I would say is that their attitude to their customers is not unique. Nearly all the major phone manufacturers refuse to take responsibilitiy for any faults with the products they sell. If they can get away by claimining that it was the customers fault, they will.
I will report on how my experience went here in London!!!