Nicor Gas / Over estimating usage
Nicor Gas only makes actual meter readings every other month. In between the actual readings they make an estimate and bill you according to that estimate. It seems to me that when natural gas commodity prices are falling (as they are now), Nicor makes every attempt to over-estimate your usage so as to get you to pay a higher price for the gas. When prices are rising, however, they underestimate your usage and then you must make it up at the next actual reading after prices have crept up a little higher. This last month their estimate was about 25% higher than what I actually used. I read the meter one week later than their estimate and the reading was still less than what they estimated. I called in to get a corrected bill and the representative was very rude and tried to tell me that it would not benefit me to do this. I insisted and she finally changed the bill.
More Nicor Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Nicor Gas - gas bill/shut off 
- Nicor Gas - poor service, refusal of service 
- Nicor Gas - Service Shut off- After Arrangement 
- Nicor Gas - Nicor Gas Bill 
- Nicor Advanced Energy - Missleading Information 
- Nicor - gas turned off
- Nicor Gas - fraud department not responding
- Nicor Gas - the nicor gas service that's being shut on at 682 e. sibley dolton il 60419 hse 
- Nicor Gas - overcharges-disputing refund.
- Nicor Gas - nicor service