[Resolved] NewEgg / rma not received after a month

1 CA, United States Review updated:

About a month ago, I had two RMAs that needed to be returned to NewEgg, one for a replacement, and one for a refund. I sent both RMAs in one package through USPS because I had thought it was the most convenient option. I followed the instruction on the site, and labeled each item clearly with both RMAs listed on the label. After a few days, I noticed that one RMA had been received and then replaced, while the other had not! This started a nightmare of contacting NewEgg every few days to see where my missing RMA had gone too. Basically I was told while one was received, the other did not arrive, which is impossible since they both were in the same package. After a month of waiting and calling, I get a return call saying that the RMA department never received the item and I needed to take it up with USPS, basically leaving me to prove that they had tampered with the package, when I am almost positive that the RMA department lost my return since it was small in comparison to the other. They know that the package was not insured since it was just a return, which means I have no chance of getting reimbursement from them and leaving me out in the cold! I am so mad that what should have been a simple return has turned into a major problem as I need the money from that return very badly. As much as I have shopped at NewEgg in the past, it seems I'll have to take my business elsewhere in the future. Utterly disappointing.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Dec 10, 2010

Dear NEComplainer,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately without your Sales order or Invoice number, I could only speculate why this occurred. I encourage you to please contact me at Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062 with this information. I would be more than happy to review your return information and investigate this matter further.

Newegg.com

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Apr 20, 2011

Dear Avoid Newegg,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention; I appreciate the Sales order number to indentify your transaction. I apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced. I can assure you Newegg would never intentionally do anything to cause you any dissatisfaction with our services.

It seems these VGA cards included promotional coupons each for a $59.99 value. Since our Returns department didn’t receive them, they were deducted from the return’s total refund. Due to the circumstances, we are more than happy to refund the deducted total to back to you since you are confirming these coupons were missing from the order when they arrived. Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Newegg.com

Comments

• Av
      20th of Apr, 2011

NEComplainer-

I hear ya, buddy. I've been trying to RMA two defective video cards for a few weeks. First they wanted to charge me a $55 restocking fee for DEFECTIVE merchandise. Then, when I got that cleared up, they knocked a whopping $120 off my return because apparently they had put some sort of coupons or something for some lame game in the shipping box (which I did NOT want nor did I have any intention of ordering, they just magically came with the order). I didn't send these back because I didn't even know that I had received them (I still don't even remember seeing them in the box in the first place), and so now I'm out $120 for coupons that I didn't use for TWO identical copies of some crap game that I didn't want in the first place. To top it off, I just checked their site for the same video cards I returned and they're basically the same price as when I bought them, only now they don't come with any sort of magic coupons, so they pretty much just ripped me off for $120. Nice, eh?

I've placed over $20, 000 (yes, twenty-thousand) worth of orders with them over the years and have generally been very happy with the service, and I've always told my friends to shop there. Not anymore. BUYER BEWARE!

Oh, and Maverick, if you check this and want to look, my order number is 105859024.