[Resolved] Netspend Prepaid Visa / frustration

Fennimore, WI, United States Review updated:

I filed my taxes through turbotax this year, and all went well. My taxes were approved by the government and were sent to netspend... Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! First off, I didn't receive my card, so, after a month of waiting, I called and requested a second card to be sent out. I was called a liar and told that my card had been activated yet no funds were deducted from my account. My fiancee also did her taxes through turbotax and received her card within days of applying for it, so I asked if I could just have my funds put into her account and was told I could not. The rep I talked to informed me that if I could go get a prepaid card from the store and activate it, they could transfer my tax return to that card, so that's what I did. $30 later, I called back to netspend, where (Of course) I spoke to another rep and a manager who both told me that I could not do this either because I didn't have the numbers off my original card (Which I still had not received) and that there was no way that I could get the numbers even from the issuing company of the card! So I waited and a week later, I received the first card (The one they told me had been activated!) , and the next day I received the second card. I called to activate the cards as soon as I got them, and now there is a hold on my funds!! They will not transfer them or let me activate either account because I had to send in a copy of my dl, social security card, and a bill... And then it will take them 48 hours to "review" the information. I jumped through this hoop and sent them all the information they asked for. Was that good enough??? Hell no!! Then they told me that I had to send in a copy of my w-2 (Which I thought was illegal) , and against my better judgement, I did. I called tonight and they informed me that they did receive my w-2, but now they are having a problem because I sent my dl and ssn were on the same page, and they were overlapped on the corners! Both were still completely legible!! I just had to pay yet another $4 to re-fax them seperately!! I am now up to $40, and lord only knows how much they are raping my tax return for their bogus fees! It's been almost 2 effing months! If I ever get my money from them, I am cutting this card and I will never go through turbotax or netspend again and neither will my fiancee!!! I hope the amazing idiots that work for netspend are still keeping up to date with this site so they know that I filed a complaint with the bbb this afternoon!!

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Mar 21, 2013

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with our service and we understand your frustration regarding the block on your account. We can assure you that this is for the protection of your account.

NetSpend

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, May 16, 2013

We can assure you that this is not a bot. Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

NetSpend

Ty
Mar 19, 2013

Comments

• Ne
      May 07, 2013

The netspend bots comments are so annoying on every web page I read!

• Ki
      May 07, 2013

tylersbabygirl you are so stupid for using netspend. Open a bank account.

• Wi
      May 07, 2013

I have to agree with kingmore, why did you even consider using them? If you feel you cannot do your own taxes, at least go with a reputable company like H&R Block or somewhere that won't rip you off.

Or better yet, get a bank account and get direct deposit like 99% of the rest of the world.