[Resolved] Netspend / holding my refund because its over the netspend load limit from irs

MI, United States Review updated:

Netspend is holding my taxes and wont release them because its over the amount they load at a time and are saying I need to send more documents even called 3 way with the irs rep and the irs rep was so confused and never heard of this
They have my tax money hostage and its crazy

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 25, 2013

We understand that there was a block placed on your account in order to verify your information. This block is meant as a protection to make sure your identity and money are secure.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and request that you send your information to [protected]@netspend.com.

We will make sure that this is resolved quickly.

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 18, 2014

We understand your frustration and can assure you that the block was placed for your protection.

Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

Customer service and account security are our top priorities and we want to make sure this issue is taken care of.

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Sep 04, 2015

We understand your frustration regarding the hold placed on your account. Merchants should refund the original card that was used for the purchase. If we receive a credit without a corresponding debit, we will need to see verification of the refund.

Please email us at [protected]@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Ma
Feb 21, 2013

Comments

• Co
      Feb 21, 2013

Who is netspend and why do they have your taxes? If you have a tax refund coming why was the check not sent directly to you?

• Co
      Feb 25, 2013

NEXT TIME! Have the tax return sent directly to you. There are better ways to handle your money than these stupid cards.

• Jn
      Mar 06, 2013

The same thing happened to us. The IRS tax refund went through. We received our money and then after a day and a half our card was invalid. With an hour and a half of talking with different departments, nothing was handled. It is not their concern whether we have our money or not. It says nowhere on the site, nor in any email we received from them that they can put a hold on your refund. Customer Service is terrible. My money is being held from us as well. This is the worst company, do not use them!

• *********WARNING ************Please stay away from NetSpend they will hold your money, block your account, make you call back, fax documents over and over and make your life HELL!!! Our card has a block on it and they keep telling us they have to review the account. Ok great do so. My $6400 tax refund is deposited to my account that is blocked from me the card holder. At first they said it will take 4-6 hours then 24 hours after that 24 more hours. We get a call back to tell us to call tomorrow at noon that the account has to be reviewed. Wow Really it does tell me something I don't know. Oh yeah they said to go online to see if the block has been lifted well can't do that because it hasn't and the piece of S?%t website is down. No one can login, even with normal accounts that aren't blocked. I really hate and despise the fact that Piece of [censored]Spend is allowed to still do business to make money off all the customers who go through hell just to get the money the worked hard for. With out us suffering customers they wouldn't have dime. There wouldn't be no call centers in the philapenes for there country to have jobs we don't. I can go on all day about about them and how they did me wrong. I know how I'm going to fix it. Cancel all my cards tell everyone I know not to ever go through them and hopefully everyone who has a complaint or horrific experience they do the same. They have millions of customers that means they make millions of dollars off treating us like [censored]. The money I was bringing them and the millions of other customers they don't care enough to change or get there [censored] together to keep there cash cow customers. Some thing has to change I get treated like [censored] once I will not sick around for it to happen again and you should do the same. CANCEL NETSPEND ACCOUNTS DO NOT SIGN UP DIRECT DEPOSIT TO GET TAX REFUNDS 2 DAYS FASTER. IT IS ALL FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!'!!!

• Excuse spelling error was in a rush and, iPad spellcheck changed a word or two and didn't notice.

• Pr
      Sep 02, 2015

Netspend is the worst company! they steal money that already belongs to you!TI OVERPAID FOR MEDICAL BILLS AND WAS DUE A REFUND OF $200. THEY REFUSE TO LIFT THE HOLD ON MY REFUND UNTIL I PROVIDE A ORIGINAL RECEIPT. i THINK i AM GOING TO HIRE A LAWYER TO DEAL WITH THIS BECAUSE ALL OF THE TIME LOST TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE!!! IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY NOW!!!