Natures Best Acai Berry Pill / Purchase Scam for Acai Berry

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased the Natures Best Acai Berry Supplement for free and was told online that I would only have to pay the $4.99 shipping fee. I went to work the next day and showed a co-worker the product I was going to try and she stressed to me that it was a scam and that she had done it 2 months ago. She stated that she had called before the 14 day trial period to cancel and thought it was taken care of, but several weeks later she was charged for three different items totalling over $180. I called immediately to cancel the order and was told by a representative by the name of Maudi that I would not be charge anything and that my order would be canceled. Just to make sure, I followed up 3 days later and called again to make sure they canceled my order. I was told again by another representative that my order had been canceled. I still received the Acai Berry in the mail a week later and called back to find out why they still sent it. They explained that I was charged for the shipping only and I would get to keep the free sample. Approximately a week later I was charged over $180 for several different products. I called again for the fourth time and was told that they had never received a phone call from me stating I wanted to cancel. I was on the phone over 2 hours and they still did not cancel my order nor did the refund my money. I am still trying to fight this and would extremely encourage anyone NOT to order this product online.

Once they have your credit card number they can do anything with it and will continue to charge it. The price I'm having to pay for a bottle of pills has cost me time and money and I'm not sure how long this battle with this company will go on. I am in the process or working with my bank to stop the unauthorized charges. What ever you do, avoid purchasing anything online that is not a legitimate website and if anything sounds good to be true I guarantee you it is!

Lc

Comments

• Lc
      21st of Feb, 2009

I totally agree with you. The exact same thing happened to me.

• Sj
      25th of Feb, 2009

Same situation happened to me. However, this is what I did.

I called the customer service number and verbally went around in circles with the first rep about the ridiculous charge and the "15 day" trial period. Then I got sick of dealing with her so I demanded to speak with her supervisor.

After going around in the same circles with her, she confirmed that my "membership" had been canceled and that I would not be charged again, to which I replied that "I will be talking with my bank to ensure no charges go through from the Natures Best company". At which point, she asked if I intended to dispute the previous charge, which I confirmed. Immediately, she said that she would provide me with a full refund of the charges already made.

She verbally gave me a confirmation number on the refund, membership cancellation, as well as confirmation numbers for two separate SPAM membership cancellations. I also requested those confirmation numbers by email as well, which I have received. This just happened, so we'll see if the refund is ever credited, but at least for the time being, you all can attempt to do the same.

• De
      20th of Apr, 2009

I ordered Natures Best Acia Berry and also the Probiotic complete for a complete colon cleanse, so they said. Supposed to be $4.95 each bottle for shipping and handling free trial offer, what an idiot I was when the product finally came, I saw that it said that I had join a club and had to cancel within 14 days or they would continue sending me the product. I received the product on Saturday and called them Monday to cancel, they gave me 2 cancellation numbers and said it was cancelled.When I received my credit card statement I was charged a total of $192.78. I thought ok my fault, I just got Scammed, I'll keep the product and try it. I didn't have a bowel movement for three days. Next credit card billing date I was charged another $85.91 for Acia Berry that I didn't order or receive. I called customer service, they once again gave me a cancellation number and said that I had never canceled it, I gave her the 2 cancelation numbers and she said she could not find them. I called my credit card company and they said that they receive a lot of complaints about the company, he also said that they charged my credit card account $85.91 for the following month, what a Scam. Credit card company said that they would take care of it and that I would see no more charges from Natures Best . DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT