Natures ACAI Berry / Fraudalent advertising & credit card charges

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This company offered a free sample of Acai Berry with a $4.95 shipping and handling charge. There was supposed to be a 14 day trial period. I cancelled long before the trial period was up (based on adverse information I received about this product) and returned their product immediately, yet I got a $79.96 charge on my Credit Card which was put on the very day they got my information on the phone. I have returned their product, sample and all as it arrived and have been trying to get this charge off my Capitol One Credit Card A/c. for five months now. This is outright fraud. Judging by the number complaints on the Internet, this appears to be a concerted effort to swindle the public. Certainly, there must be some way to put them out of business.

Br

Comments

• Co
      14th of Mar, 2009

Brennan,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!