National City Mortgage / fraud and scam

National city mortgage has this so called counseling dept. And they send you a financial form and a very nice brochure. All this gives you a sense of hope. Unfortunately, it is just a scam. I have been trying to get some sort of workout to keep my home as it is in an upside down loan. I was served foreclosure papers in july. I hired professional mitigators to deal with things as I can't get anywhere.

Everyone tells me the banks don't want your home, but national city seems * bent on taking it. They want me to pay the original mortgage or nothing at all. They keep citing deficit of income. They have not let me pay anything in over a year. I lost my job of 21 years and needed an adjustment. I am about ready to just give the home back. This is one dishonest institution. Plus they lose my paperwork and claim I never sent it.

I put $42, 000 down on this place and don't want to lose it. I am at my wit's end. My credit is bad now, but now I am employed (2 years) but I just don't make what I used to. I even filed a claim with the occ and they believed ncm regarding the lost paperwork. It's horrible and frustrating. I would totally like to sever ties with this bank.

I recommend to anyone to never finance with them. They are not out to help the homeowner and are dishonest.

Va

Comments

• Ab
      8th of Dec, 2008

I completely agree with you! Im in a similiar situation and I would love to be out only $42K. How does $280K sound?

They still refuse to refi me at current market value. Why not help us, the H/O who currenly live there and taking care of the house?

If we walk, they will be forced to sell the property to someone else at market value...why not help the current H/O?

12th of Sep, 2009

I agree totally with your complaint... similar things happened to me...they should be barred from ever being able to lend mortgages to anyone...and you gotta feel sorry for the peons that work there having to take away houses (under their executives orders) from people like you and I who had lost a job but are back on our feet and still can't keep our home.

What a crazy system the American mortgage lending institution is.

• Is
      9th of Dec, 2009

I respectfully disagree with your position. I'll be emailing you to explain how I might be able to help you should you still require assistance. I'll say for one thing, the "professionals" you hired were the worst thing you could do. Anyone who charges you for a modification, is a scam. Plain and simple. If anyone else needs free assistance with Loss Mitigation @ PNC and understanding the process, please let me know. I'll try to help everyone I can for free...