MyEverBriteSmile / Never got it, STILL charged me $$!

I ordered a s$2.19 ample online on January 22nd. On the 9th day of the trial period I called and complained that I had not received it and would like to cancel. The representative said she would extend the trial period until February 7th. The mail went on the 6th and NOTHING arrived. I tried to call again and cancel but the services are not open on Saturday or Sunday.

I called this morning to cancel (after a 45min HOLD!) and they said I could not cancel because it was outside the trial period. I waited another 15min to speak to the manager, who also told me that I could not cancel, even though they were closed on the last day of my extended trial period. He said I should have checked the office hours on the website.

I am being billed $69+ for NOTHING (they tried to satiate me with -$20 off the bill).

If you do not receive the trial initially and call to cancel, DO IT. CANCEL. They will hook you in until you make a mistake during the trial period.

I will never use their product again and will warn anyone else away from it. If the customer service is this horrible, I can't imagine what their normal system is like.

Comments

• Kp
      20th of Feb, 2010

I got s call from my credit card company when this charge was made yesterday, warning me that this was a scam. For 24 hours I have been trying to cancel & can't get thru to anyone & can't get the web-site back up. Don't do this. It's a scam.

• Gl
      11th of Jun, 2010

I got caught by this scam. They promise a 10 day trial period, only charging postage. In the terms & conditions at the bottom of their web page they state that the trial period starts from the day of order & if you don't cancel before that period they will charge you $87.96 & a recurring amount every month!! This is not clearly stated when you sign up, you have to read through the fine print. So legally they have you but ethically it is wrong. I would recommend avoiding this site. They kit they supply can be bought off other more trust worthy sites for about $20.