Menu
6 Day Dental & Orthodontics company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

10 complaints
8 resolved 2 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
5:16 pm EDT

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics - unnecessary procedures, poor customer service

Procedure date: 6-28-18
Doctor:
Desired resolution: Better customer care for future patients

My kids have been going to Six-Day Dental on their father's insurance for years. I had a bad feeling when my ex-husband was told our kids would need braces on their baby teeth, but didn't protest since he agreed and was covering the cost. Of course when their adult teeth came in, all three needed a second round of braces; I feel this is just one way the company routinely scams its customers.

Recently I had my first interaction with Six-Day Dental, when I took my daughter to have her wisdom teeth removed. We waited nearly an hour, with no one coming back to check on us and my daughter growing more anxious by the minute. It seemed they were very busy and might be rushed, so I went to the front to see about rescheduling. Finally, the doctor made an appearance at the front counter. I said my child was becoming very nervous, and he dismissed me with "She'll be ok. She'll be just fine."

Following the procedure, a technician wheeled out my daughter, who was of course still groggy from the anesthesia. As the front office worker rushed me through questions about after-care, I noticed my daughter was no longer in the building. The tech had already wheeled her outside and was headed down the ramp, accompanied by a 14-year-old friend who'd come along for moral support. I was shocked and exclaimed, "They're taking her outside? Don't they know I have the car keys?" To this, the person at the counter said rudely, "You'd better hurry!"

We never received the promised phone call from the doctor checking up on my kiddo post-surgery, and the pain meds that were supposedly called in at 3 weren't ready until nearly 9 p.m. Perhaps this was an oversight at the pharmacy but given our experience thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called in late.

When I compare the care and compassion I am shown at my own dentist, Archstone Dental in Fort Worth, with the brisk, hurried, rude way the employees at Six-Day treated a 14-year-old girl and her reasonably concerned mom, I cannot believe this company is primarily in the business of treating children.

I relayed our experience to my ex-husband, who says he's finished with Six-Day. He will now be taking my daughter to his own dentist. It's unfortunate he didn't come to this decision before being gouged for six pairs of braces.

H
4:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We recently had a consultation for my daughter. After initial consultation they made us sign up for $3000 treatment plan. The Doctor agreed to consult with peers before starting the treatment and informed us that there could be other alternatives for a young child. Wonder how they came with an cost for treatment with out knowing how they will be treating...

H
3:54 am EDT

E
12:24 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics - Horrible Customer Services and Rip-Offs

6 Day Dental and Orthodontics is the worth place to get your braces done and even for a mere cleaning. The employees are rude and the company is only driven by money. They do not care about their customers only about the money they want to get from you. SO BEWARE! Make sure you visit other places and let 6 Day be your last resort so you do not end up regretting like i am right now. Ever since i started my treatment, I have being unhappy with this company. They drag their feet, they do not give you information about your treatment; they stare rudely at you when you come in for your appointment, when you ask a question, no one ever has an answer except you are giving them your credit/ debit card to swipe. At that point they will have a big smile on their faces and gladly tell you were to sign. DAWN, the supposed manager who I have spoken to at the Coppell and Flower Mound branches is the worst of all her employees. I asked her for the record of my treatment and she said " I will have it for you in 10 days only at the Coppell branch and I will not stress myself to get it available for you before then and even though, there is no assurance that your records will be available after 10 days. You have to call me to find out if it is available" - Her exact words. I paid for the services but she can not stress herself to provide me with my records. Interesting! Corrine another employee at 6 day who i spoke to at the Flower Mound branch, could not answer my question instead she said " I will have my manager call you back" and before I could respond, she hung up on me. There have been more instances of rudeness and greed shown by this company than I can put down on paper. If i finally get around to putting it down on paper, I would be the best selling author for the Book titled " 6 DAY DENTAL AND ORTHODONTICS - THE GREEDIEST & RUDEST DENTAL AND ORTHODONTIC PRACTICE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. CUSTOMERS BEWARE! They never want to bill your insurance company but rather bill you first and then bill your insurance and later reimbursements months later. A tale thievery. They are never upfront with you about costs until a day before your appointment or on the day of your appointment. Again, I stress beware of the company. So many mistakes have been made during my treatment, the doctor leaves the placement of the wires and power chain in the hands of the assistants, which is fine BUT he never ever checks to ensure they placed them correctly. When I return a month later for my appointment, I am usually told at that point that the assistants made an error. *Shaking my head* What a company!

Update by Ehi
May 27, 2011 1:22 am EDT

6 Day Dental and Orthodontics is the worst place to get your braces done and even for cleaning. The employees are rude and the company is only driven by money. They do not care about their customers only about the money they want to get from you. SO BEWARE! Make sure you visit other places and let 6 Day be your last resort so you do not end up regretting like i am right now.

Corrine another employee at 6 day who i spoke to at the Flower Mound branch, could not answer my question instead she said " I will have my manager call you back" and before I could respond, she hung up on me. There have been more instances of rudeness and greed shown by this company than I can put down on paper. If i finally get around to putting it on paper, I would be the best selling author for the Book titled " 6 DAY DENTAL AND ORTHODONTICS - THE GREEDIEST & RUDEST DENTAL AND ORTHODONTIC PRACTICE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. CUSTOMERS BEWARE! They never want to bill your insurance company but rather bill you first and then bill your insurance and reimburse you months, months later. A tale thievery.

They are never upfront with you about costs until a day before your appointment or on the day of your appointment so that you don't have enough time to change your mind. Again, I stress beware of the company. So many mistakes have been made during my treatment, the doctor leaves the placement of the wires and power chain in the hands of the assistants, which is fine BUT he never ever checks to ensure they placed them correctly. When I return a month later for my appointment, I am usually told at that point that the assistants made an error. *Shaking my head* What a company!

K
May 27, 2011 12:55 am EDT

OMG! Thanks for this review, I was thinking about getting braces with 6 day even made an appointment! I guess I will try Greg Greenberg Orthodontist

C
3:53 pm EST

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics - Underhanded/Unprofessional

I have had a credit balance for two months. Lets just say the run around is endless. It is almost like a bunch of 10 years olds running a dental company. My last six month chekup required dental xrays. Only half were taken because she had a long day and was tired. A shock the insurance company was billed the full amount! I would not refer this Dental company to anyone with common sense. If they cut corners like this what elese do they do? Still have not received my money yet, do not expect a refund. When they go to put a dental tool in your mouth...Think about it.

J
Apr 02, 2012 6:06 am EDT

Same experience! I've been having problems with my crown since they put it in over a year ago. They billed my insurance company for fraudulent services...They continiue to presnt charges to my debit card for a balance that was already paid and OVERPAID by both my insurances (til this day). After placing a stop-pay on my account over a year ago, they decided to get a little clever and presented the same charges witha different description to my bank. My bank surprisingly allowed the charge to go through! When I called my bank they were apologetic and placed another stop-pay. They aren't sure if the stop-pay was placed earlier enough to stop the payment from going through (crrently in processing mode). In the event it goes completely through, my bank will file a refund claim. I'm not sure how they'll do that when this crooked company don't have a billing office address nor do they answer any calls. I'm really at the end of my rope with them... Can anyone recommend an EXCELLENT attorney!

D
9:40 pm EDT

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics - Lies and lack of responses

This company is a joke, they told us we would be covered under both insurances and it would be filed quarterly. Of course the time came the girl that gave us the write up was wrong and she no longer works there. I have left at least 3 messages for their accounting person, and she still does not call back. Once they have your money you're screwed. The Ortho side can't help the dental side, they rarely answer the phones, if they do it's normally something like. "please call the other office" "ortho is not in today" " can I leave a message and have them call you" etc.
Absolutely the WORST dental experience. By the way we are a family of 7 for them to treat a family of 7 one of which is in full braces this poorly lets you realize they don't care about customer service or retaining business. They are the dental equivalent of a puppy mill only concerned about the dollar not health or happiness. Check the BBB report, over 24 complaints about them. That should tell you something!

1 comment

these quacks caused me to loose my tooth and I filed a complaint with the Texas State Board of Dental examiners and their lame dentist was sanctioned, however that no where near covers the expenses I have been out replacing my tooth they distroyed with their careless, wreckless business practices. I wouldnt take a toothless homeless person to them if they were offering free dentures for life. This is the only tooth I am now missing thanks to their substantand quality of care. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR TEETH IN TACT!

K
5:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went into the office with a cavity. The dentist drilled for a while and then said she couldn't fill the tooth it had to have a root canal. No choice sitting in the chair with a drilled out tooth. they don't put on crowns there, they use an "onlay" which looked awful. 4 visits and the cost was over $2, 000. Within 6 months the tooth was hurting again had to...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hold on to your wallet when you step into this office. I know all dental work is expensive, but these clowns are really trying to set some records. I do not know where to start my complaint with these guys, I have so many! My wife and I chose this Dental Office because they were supposed to have a great play room for kids? Well this consisted of a couple...

D
4:43 pm EST

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics - 6 Day Cares

6 Day has maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau since January 2003, a testament to our commitment to exceptional patient care and 100% satisfaction. It is our goal to preserve this rating through our Total Patient Care mission, ensuring every patient has an experience we can be proud of. If your experience was not to your 100% satisfaction, please contact us at [protected]@6daydental.com.

We appreciate your time and consideration,

A
7:16 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to 6 day dental in Flower Mound Texas to get my teeth cleaned and a crown re-glued. I was told I needed a root canal on the tooth that needed the crown reglued. I agreed to their fees and they did the root canal. My temp crown is nothing but a flat surface that doesnt even resemble a tooth or serve as a tooth. When leaving I paid 700.00 of 1100.00...

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics contacts