Murrays Europcar / almost fraudulent terms&conditions
I reserved a car for 3 days for approx. 35 EUR. I held my confirmation in my hands going to the pick-up counter in DUB Airport.
When I wanted to collect the car, the member of staff showed me an agreement stating more than EUR 120, 00 (!).
Without asking me, she added a "gas package", paying for a full amount of gas that I didnt request (which is -by the way - much more expensive than just driving to a gas station before dropping the car).
She also added the VAT and an airport collection charge (25 EUR). I know this charge often applies, but my reservation showed a price to me, not including these charges (and not mentioning following charges, as well as the VAT).
The last straw is the CC-charge; You are just able to pay with CC but they charge you EUR 5, 00 for that. In the terms&conditions it says "3 EUR". A discussion at the counter was blocked by forwarding me to the callcenter of murrays where I hang up after hanging more than 10 minutes in line. Mails have never been answered.
This company runs a highly fraudulent business, I would not have expected this from a company being allowed to carry this trademark in a western country. I would never again use them and will not recommend other people to do so.
As I got to now, Murrays will be Partner of sixt starting in summer 2009, so: Watch out!
More Murrays Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - customer service and car defect
- Europcar International - car hire in france (nice)
- Europcar International - car rental and not providing proof of previous rental
- Europcar International - fraudulent 200 euro charge for "damage" ra 6033516087 
- Europcar International - damage charges with no description