Murrays Europcar / almost fraudulent terms&conditions

Ireland Review updated:
Murrays Europcar
I reserved a car for 3 days for approx. 35 EUR. I held my confirmation in my hands going to the pick-up counter in DUB Airport.
When I wanted to collect the car, the member of staff showed me an agreement stating more than EUR 120, 00 (!).

Without asking me, she added a "gas package", paying for a full amount of gas that I didnt request (which is -by the way - much more expensive than just driving to a gas station before dropping the car).

She also added the VAT and an airport collection charge (25 EUR). I know this charge often applies, but my reservation showed a price to me, not including these charges (and not mentioning following charges, as well as the VAT).

The last straw is the CC-charge; You are just able to pay with CC but they charge you EUR 5, 00 for that. In the terms&conditions it says "3 EUR". A discussion at the counter was blocked by forwarding me to the callcenter of murrays where I hang up after hanging more than 10 minutes in line. Mails have never been answered.

This company runs a highly fraudulent business, I would not have expected this from a company being allowed to carry this trademark in a western country. I would never again use them and will not recommend other people to do so.

As I got to now, Murrays will be Partner of sixt starting in summer 2009, so: Watch out!

N  21st of Dec, 2010 by

The above is correct in that Europcar is under new management in Ireland. Irish Car Rentals is the official licencee in Ireland and all bookings can be made on www.europcar.ie.
N  13th of May, 2011 by
Hi there
Murrays are no longer associated with the Europcar brand in Ireland and is now operated by a totally different company. If you go to the site www.europcar.ie you will the new compaines website

Colm Brady